Official UK 2.0.1 update avalible (with MSU)

EmilF

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, a official update 2.0.1 for UK Milestones are now avalible with MSU (not OTA). Download the official update tool from Motorola here: Motorola - MILESTONE - Mobile Phone Software Update - Motorola UK

And if you like me need root, you will be happy to hear that the original 2.0 root exploit also works on the 2.0.1 version. You just need to apply the update.zip again ;-)

xderia

Reaction score
Can I update my German phone with QWERTZ keyboard with this update? Will it become QWERTY?

Do I need to reinstall all my applications after this update?

Any way of making a full backup image before the update?

Techneut

Reaction score
It really WORKS, this time, on a British Milestone!
Thank you very much, for pointing us to this.
No problems at all during installation. All applications still work fine.

OP
E

EmilF

Reaction score
Can I update my German phone with QWERTZ keyboard with this update? Will it become QWERTY?

Do I need to reinstall all my applications after this update?

Any way of making a full backup image before the update?

Try to connect your phone and use the MSU. If you have a German Milestone, you will get a German 2.0.1 update (if avalible). This is an all official tool from Motorola, so it should work and warranty will still apply after the update.

Also, take a look here for a German 2.0.1 update: AllDroid - View topic - German (DACH) 2.0.1 update.zip + root (unofficial)

Skrilax_CZ

Reaction score
I uploaded many firmwares here (all for RSD Lite), including German 2.0.1 for Vodafone, O2 and Unbranded:

iamdarren

Reaction score
i done this last night.
updating to 2.0.1 in UK when OTA dont work - Android @ MoDaCo

so you must have noticed it too!!
woo, im glad that others in the Uk have the 2.0.1 update. And i really want Root back, you dont realise that you are using it so much when you have it, its only once its gone...............

i wasnt sure if the 2.0 update.zip worked either, so i never tried it.

I will give it ago now.
thanks guys

xderia

Reaction score
Any way of making a full backup image file before the update?

OP
E

EmilF

Reaction score
i really want Root back, you dont realise that you are using it so much when you have it, its only once its gone...............

i wasnt sure if the 2.0 update.zip worked either, so i never tried it.

It can be rooted the same way as with 2.0 and with the same update.zip file. Just follow the guide here: AllDroid - View topic - Milestone Root (page 1, post 1)