Couple of questions here I need help.

Benno

Reaction score
Im wondering,
Is there a big difference between Motorola Milestone and Motorola Droid?

Also I don't have the Voice Search option, I live in holland but I suppose it doesn't really make a difference where you live to get that feature.
Also has anyone from the UK got version 2.1, i'm still running on 2.0.1 and when I look for updates it tells me my system is still up to date.

Thanks alot :)

Techneut

Reaction score
Yes, there is an enormous difference between the Droid and the Milestone!
The Droid is NOT a GSM, and it is intended for the American market.
The Milestone has GSM bands; and it is intended for the European market.
Here in Holland, you can use ONLY the Milestone.

Everybody in Europe is still waiting for 2.1 update; which is already delivered to the Droid but not yet to the Milestone.
Cross your fingers, like we all do, and wait...

Greetings from a Dutchie.

OP
B

Benno

Reaction score

Everybody in Europe is still waiting for 2.1 update; which is already delivered to the Droid but not yet to the Milestone.

O, I see,
Right so the Droid is generally only a device that can help you organize things but you can't ring people or text people, that kinda sucks.

Thanks alot :) hope they deliver 2.1 to Milestone really soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just fWIW 2.1 has not been officially delivered to the Droid. A leaked copy of it is available but no one is sure this is the official version, and as time moves on I rather doubt it is.

Techneut

Reaction score

Greetings from another Dutchie.

O, I see,
Right so the Droid is generally only a device that can help you organize things but you can't ring people or text people, that kinda sucks.

WRONG! Both cell phones can ring and text people!
However:

All of Europe and most of Asia use a GSM (Global System for Mobile communications) network. This is a standard and it enables all phones from any country in Europe or Asia to work across various boarders.
The United States, on the other hand, has two main networks. Some carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile use the GSM network; whereas others like Verizon use CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access). Phones with CDMA cannot work in Europe.
In addition to being on different networks, both continents use different band frequencies. The U.S. uses 850/ 1900 and Europe uses 900/ 1800. Most cellular phones only have dual frequencies, which means they could only work in one place or the other.

OP
B

Benno

Reaction score

Greetings from another Dutchie.

O, I see,

WRONG! Both cell phones can ring and text people!
However:

All of Europe and most of Asia use a GSM (Global System for Mobile communications) network. This is a standard and it enables all phones from any country in Europe or Asia to work across various boarders.
The United States, on the other hand, has two main networks. Some carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile use the GSM network; whereas others like Verizon use CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access). Phones with CDMA cannot work in Europe.
In addition to being on different networks, both continents use different band frequencies. The U.S. uses 850/ 1900 and Europe uses 900/ 1800. Most cellular phones only have dual frequencies, which means they could only work in one place or the other.

Thanks a bunch :D

Even though there's a Droid and there's a Milestone, the only difference is the network right? Further no difference like better proccessor or Droid can do more then the Milestone?

Techneut

Reaction score
There are only some minor differences; which could important to people who want to root their phone and change its core...
Don't be afraid. You are still owning the best phone there is for the European market; and it will soon be upgraded to 2.1 and be even better.
:icon_ banana:

OP
B

Benno

Reaction score
There are only some minor differences; which could important to people who want to root their phone and change its core...
Don't be afraid. You are still owning the best phone there is for the European market; and it will soon be upgraded to 2.1 and be even better.
:icon_ banana:

Haha, ok thanks :D
Yeah I love my phone im so happy with it, only thing that kinda bugs me is the MP3 player when it has them dropouts :S
Hope they solved that on the new version :D