Model Name - A853, A855 or something else?

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by holysin, Jan 18, 2010.

1. drkcobra

drkcobra New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cellular South Flex File for A854?

I do have the new MILER A854 sbf firmware file for the A854-5, but I was wondering if someone out there who got it thru more normal channels might happen to have the supporting .hs flex file for CES (Cellular South).
    Any carrier's flex file would be just fine, but I believe that at present CES is the only one to have released the A854 model, even though NTelos is slated to do so as well very soon.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    ...and PLEASE contact me if you have that flex or any other for the generic unlocked A854 model.

2. Weebles

Weebles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The name DROID is licensed by Lucas Films/Arts and Verizon has to pay for it's use. Motorola rebranded the moto Droid A855 as the A854 and named it the Milestone for smaller/regional CDMA providers so they would not have to pay Lucas Films for the use of the name DROID. If the DROID name had stayed with the phone, the smaller/regional service providers wouldn't have agreed to use the device nor could they afford to pay for the name's use.

3. RandiOwen

RandiOwen New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yes there is a Milestone A854, i have one here in Alaska through ACS (Alaska Communication)

Take care
    Randi :icon_ banana:

4. mrscrewed

mrscrewed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I've found a group that has the A854 finally, bad news we don't get 2.2!! Is there anyone who has gotten a successful ROM of 2.2 running on their phone?

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

5. msmith198025

msmith198025 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, any of the 2.2 based roms in Rom Manager have worked for me. Ive used Bugless, Liquid Frozen Yogurt, ect.
    Easy as can be.

6. nathan626

nathan626 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have a verizon droid the sticker in the battery tray says A855 but when i open it on my computer it says A853. Anyone know what the deal is with that? also i was given the phone it is stuck at the bootloader 2C.7C ok to program scrren. i can flash spr recovery onto it but have not been able to sbf it back to stock or update.zip onto sd card. plaease any info would be greatly appreciated i am about to throw the phone in the garbage

7. drkcobra

drkcobra New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2C6C should be the standard bootloader for any of the A854/A855 models to the best of my knowledge this is not yet a later one. It may have been someone tried crossflashing an incompatible model, but I don't recognize 2C7C from anything. Make sure you are using RSD Lite 4.9 and the newest drivers 4.9.0. Here is most everything you should need. Make sure to install the reg file too (USBflag_android). The firmware is the latest Verizon A855 release. Good luck.

RSD Lite 4.9.rar
    Handset_USB_Driver_32_v4.9.0.msi
    Handset_USB_Driver_64_v4.9.0.msi
    usbflag_android_8(20).zip
    VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01.rar

Search tags for this page
droid fcc id ihdp56kc1
droid ihdp56kc1
fcc id ihdp56kc1

ihdp56kc1

milestone a855
motorola droid fcc id ihdp56kc1