questions about 2.1

TheMightyHam

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought the motorola milestone, and it came with the 2.1 firmware. I saw couple youtube videos of the media gallery with the cool animations on 2.1. And mine does not look anything like . And the in car menu looks different too. Can anyone show me how to get the new gallery app? Thank you!

Szadzik

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought the motorola milestone, and it came with the 2.1 firmware. I saw couple youtube videos of the media gallery with the cool animations on 2.1. And mine does not look anything like . And the in car menu looks different too. Can anyone show me how to get the new gallery app? Thank you!

Search fro #d Gallery apk or flan gallery and install it.

ChronBong

Reaction score

Search fro #d Gallery apk or flan gallery and install it.

doesnt exist in the market. tried typing "gallery apk"

and "flan gallery"

ChronBong

Reaction score
so wtf does this gallery do ? i mean it just shows all the wallpapers/backgrounds ive downloaded?

so whats with this cool animations hes talking about?

OP
T

TheMightyHam

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys! I have another question! How come i dont get the microphone search function on my keyboard and on the google search bar? I have been playing with the phone for more than a week now, and i couldnt seem to find any options to enable it.

ashketchum

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys! I have another question! How come i dont get the microphone search function on my keyboard and on the google search bar? I have been playing with the phone for more than a week now, and i couldnt seem to find any options to enable it.
I think that feature is provided in the UK milestone only cause it wasn't present in my phone either.

If you want that feature, you will first need to root your phone. After that you can use Terminal Emulator app from the Market or the Android Debug Bridge (adb) provided with the Android SDK to place the following apk in your phone's "/system/app" directory.

VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk