Missing speech to text and ripple effect on live wallpaper on my updated milestone..

pctek

Reaction score
Ok so I have a unlocked unbranded brand new milestone I got couple days ago and it came with 2.0 firmware. NOw I went to this site:

http://www.sigridschrijft.be/index.php/manually-update-your-milestone-to-android-2-1/

And downloaded the 104mb firmware file which the name is: SHOLS_U2_02.31.0_UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B805C.0R_PDS003_U SASHLS00RTEU_P042_A005_HWp2a_1FF.sbf

So it installed no problems but compared to my nephews droid 2.1 from verizon his has the live wallpaper like mine does, but on his when you hit the screen of the live wallpaper you see the ripple effect but on my I dont.

Also Mines missing the speecn to text also, I dotn see a microphone icon in the virtual keyboard when in a text field, also when he holds the search button at the bottom a speak now command comes up for you to say something, anyone know why Im missing these?

dryspuri

Reaction score
Ok so I have a unlocked unbranded brand new milestone I got couple days ago and it came with 2.0 firmware. NOw I went to this site:

http://www.sigridschrijft.be/index.php/manually-update-your-milestone-to-android-2-1/

And downloaded the 104mb firmware file which the name is: SHOLS_U2_02.31.0_UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B805C.0R_PDS003_U SASHLS00RTEU_P042_A005_HWp2a_1FF.sbf

So it installed no problems but compared to my nephews droid 2.1 from verizon his has the live wallpaper like mine does, but on his when you hit the screen of the live wallpaper you see the ripple effect but on my I dont.

Also Mines missing the speecn to text also, I dotn see a microphone icon in the virtual keyboard when in a text field, also when he holds the search button at the bottom a speak now command comes up for you to say something, anyone know why Im missing these?

hi i am facing same problem. only when i use launcher 2 ripple effects come but phone is not stable in that way

OP
P

pctek

Reaction score

hi i am facing same problem. only when i use launcher 2 ripple effects come but phone is not stable in that way

Well after doing some research online last night maybe the reason the speech to text is not there because I installed the Central europe firmware which I posted above in my thread.

I heard that the speech to text is english only so I think you have to choose a 2.1 firmware of the english build like the UK firmware this one:
SHOLS_U2_02.31.0_UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B805C.0R_PDS003_U SASHLS00RTGB_P023_A018_HWp2a_1FF.sbf.gz

Or whatever other firmware that are consiered english language.

I can understand the speech to text not be enable to the central europe firmware I installed since its not a english country, but I dont see the ripple effect on live wallpapers when U press the screen with a finger. But I do see the ripple effect animation that it does on its own but like my nephews droid 2.1 if he press on the screen the ripple effect happens.

xue

Reaction score

Well after doing some research online last night maybe the reason the speech to text is not there because I installed the Central europe firmware which I posted above in my thread.

I heard that the speech to text is english only so I think you have to choose a 2.1 firmware of the english build like the UK firmware this one:
SHOLS_U2_02.31.0_UCASHLSMR2EMEAB1B805C.0R_PDS003_U SASHLS00RTGB_P023_A018_HWp2a_1FF.sbf.gz

Or whatever other firmware that are consiered english language.

I can understand the speech to text not be enable to the central europe firmware I installed since its not a english country, but I dont see the ripple effect on live wallpapers when U press the screen with a finger. But I do see the ripple effect animation that it does on its own but like my nephews droid 2.1 if he press on the screen the ripple effect happens.

heres what i nandroid backup what u have than go back to the stock 2.0 or whatever sbf that has the ripple effect n the speech text....get root rxeplorer go to system/app n copy the apk that u want n save it to ur sd card...go back to ur 2.1 n install u should have everthing!!!! :D

sarie

Reaction score
pctek, I am having the same issue! I have a non-rooted Milestone which I upgraded to 2.1 via the OTA update and am missing the speech to text option! I wonder how many others have this problem?

deputc26

Reaction score
I have this problem too, can anyone confirm that they DON'T have this problem?