Cannot power up after checking software update

cny

Reaction score
I am using Milestone UK version with the firmware version 2.0.1.
Today I checked the software update by using the Motorola Software Update tool. I went through the guided process as per the instruction, and found no new software to be updated. At the last step, there was an "End" button. I clicked the "End" button, my phone went off. I disconnected the USB cable, manually powered on the phone but the phone did not power on.
Anybody has the same problem before on the Milestone? I have tried the hard reset by pressing power button and camera button, still the phone won't power up. When I connect the phone to the wall charger, there is no light, the phone is not charging. Is there a way I can get my phone back?

Techneut

Reaction score
This is what I've found:

The hard reset in Motorola Milestone Step by Step
1. Turn off the device, take out the battery and put it in again.
2. Press the camera button, and hold it pressed while you turn on the device. Hold the camera button pressed for so long, until the display shows the Motorola logo appears. Then the power button let go and hold the camera key pressed continue until you see a triangle with exclamation point.
3. Now the camera and presses the volume up button at the same time to bring up a menu. (Might need a few attempts)
4. With the volume button you now select "Wipe all user data" and confirmed it with the OK button
5. Then you confirm the security prompt again with the OK button
6. The reset goes through and you must confirm the restart after

If this doesn't work, your Milestone is broken and should be replaced...