Busybox working ok?

weaselchops

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently root'ed my Milestone. Then did the Official UK 2.0.1 upgrade (I have an Expansys UK Milestone in the UK).

I am now trying to install busybox, I have tried several different versions, they give "[1] illegal instruction" when I try and run or run with --install the busybox binary. Doing this from the terminal emulator on the Milestone.

I have chmod'd so it is executable.

Tried this guide Re:Got root? Need more? Install Busybox! - AndroidFanatic Community Forums
No joy :(

Any ideas?

Thanks

Weasel

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken......the Milestone is not capable of running custom ROMs....apparently because Motorola designed them this way...

So maybe busybox is something that can't be installed either?? I'm really not sure...

OP
W

weaselchops

Reaction score
Hmm I thought that was an issue with signed kernels and bootloaders?
I think this error looks more like a compile/linker issue?

Weasel

If I'm not mistaken......the Milestone is not capable of running custom ROMs....apparently because Motorola designed them this way...

So maybe busybox is something that can't be installed either?? I'm really not sure...

DAGr8

Reaction score
hi , ifyou root your phone with the update.zip that is floating around , busybox is included in already ...

OP
W

weaselchops

Reaction score
hi , ifyou root your phone with the update.zip that is floating around , busybox is included in already ...

Hmm that is what I did, any idea where is lives on the filesystem?
Had a look through the update.zip and there is only su and the superuser.apk there!