Mikradle sold to every state in the United States of America!!

cuskit

Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to give a large and profuse statement of thanks to all the supporting members of these forums that have followed the growth of my product, the MIKRADLE, from the time I began producing the very first model up until today, which is a milestone for me.

A few months ago, Doug, one of the Administrators here on this site, invited me on board as a Supporting Vendor, and I can't begin to tell you how much pleasure I've had since! More than just a SV, I am also an active, daily participating member of all the forums on this site. I'm sure many of you are already familiar with many of my posts (other than my vendor site postings) For me it's almost a "home away from home"! :)

But today it became a lot more special to me. For this is the day I have reached a personal goal of putting a MIKRADLE into every state of our proud nation! :) One of our dedicated members, xlirider, from Hawaii, purchased one of my products this afternoon to clinch this goal for me today - and I can't begin to say how stoked and proud I am. I'm not saying this as a vendor right now - these words come to you as just a regular guy that bought a Droid, just like all of you. And fell in love (don't tell my wife) with both the phone as well as all the apps, quirks, pitfalls and pleasures I experience using it every day of my life. And as such, I came up with this product of mine, and as a result, in a round about way, my Droid gave me the opportunity to realize accomplishing this goal I've reached today! And I honestly thought that 2.1 would be here before my 50th State Goal! :icon_ banana:

I'm mentioning this achievement here in the general forums because most of my exposure has been through these forums, and I am very appreciative of both the staff as well as all those members that have patronized my company. And I am hoping all recognize that the help and guidance from not just Doug, but many of the Moderators, including RinTinTigger, Sam, BlacknBlack, Jim, CorinaCakes, CerealKiller as well as all the rest are so much more than just staff here - they reach out with personal words of encouragement and advice to help not just members - but obviously the Supporting Vendors also. And man, do they ever deserve a pat on the back for all they've done for me in both of these capacities! Overwhelming thanks here, guys (and girl)! :)

Here is the post celebrating reaching this goal of mine (placed in the accessories forums):

"WOW! I AM STOKED!!! Thanks to today's purchase from xliderider, my product, MIKRADLE has now been sold in EVERY STATE IN THE UNITED STATES! I can't begin to say how proud I am of this statistic, I came up with this idea back in Nov, '09 - and moved to put it on the market within a few weeks of conception. To have it distributed to such a wide and thorough area as every single state for me is staggering, considering the exposure came primarily from the droidforums.net!!! A couple of posts before this, I showed which International sales I've made to date. Is it possible to cover all of Europe next with MIKRADLE sales? Yikes! What a goal! :)

I started by making the very first one totally with hand tools (I own a medium sized 5 man shop building high end custom cabinetry (entertainment centers, libraries, custom furniture, bars, kitchens as well as millwork - both residential and commercial). After fooling around with a couple of prototypes - I began selling these a few dozen at a time. But as the name became more popular and orders came in faster than I could produce, I began setting up specialized machinery and jigs to facilitate production runs of the
MIKRADLE, to the extent I can now produce about 4 dozen per day, with the capacity to easily double that should it be required. The assembly as well as the catalyzed finish is still rubbed by hand between coats, but all the milling and cutting is done with heavy machinery that I already owned in my shop. I can say that this venture has brought me a ton of pleasure - mostly because I took it from inception to the point of a moderate production sales point that it now enjoys!

Anyway - I want to profusely thank xliderider for this purchase, and will be shipping out his complimentary Black
MIKRADLE to accompany the one he purchased on Monday. Of the five dozen+ I've sold over this weekend so far - this particular sale just "made my day"! :) Sorry for the overly robust enthusiasm, but this is certainly a milestone for me, considering I've only been selling MIKRADLE since Dec '09. Deep breath mikey... Exhale slowly mikey... Okay. Goal completed! :)

Here's a screenshot of his transaction (private info blacked out, of course)"

Click on photo to see enlarged view

Thank you droidforums.net for creating the opportunity to live out this perhaps small but meaningful goal. I hope all can read the enthusiasm and pleasure in my typed words - because today I stand before you a very happy man! :) mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cuskit - I want to throw out there that you've been much more than a SV on here and remember a couple of months ago you sharing your winter pictures from the blizzards we had. I'm very happy to hear that you've been doing so well and that you reached that milestone of 50 states. Hats off to you and thanks for not only putting out a fine cradle but also a fine member of DF.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alaska too? Thats still a state these days right? Even though we don't quite hear about it so much anymore...

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Alaska too? Thats still a state these days right? Even though we don't quite hear about it so much anymore...
Yes - Alaska also! That was back in January! The cold does not affect a Droid, obviously - I also sent one to Greenland (not a State...)! I believe it's a bit chilly there also! ;)

And if Sarah Palin gets to where she wants to go - you'll be hearing a lot more about Alaska - she put it back on the map last year if you recall!:icon_ banana: mikey

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
cuskit - I want to throw out there that you've been much more than a SV on here and remember a couple of months ago you sharing your winter pictures from the blizzards we had. I'm very happy to hear that you've been doing so well and that you reached that milestone of 50 states. Hats off to you and thanks for not only putting out a fine cradle but also a fine member of DF.
Vulcan1600Rider,

I thank you very much for your kind words! I'm just a small cog in the big wheel here - and I have to say, I can't drop into any forum thread here daily without seeing some very positive and constructive advice or contribution with your name beside it! Kudos to you and all you do here also! :) Wow, I can't believe with all the hundreds of thousands of posts you remember my blizzard pix! You are the Man! :) An appreciative member - mike :)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Mike. Though I have to say that the reference to the former half-term governor of Alaska sent a chill up my spine, I'm happy for you.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
congratulations Mike you deserve all the success you have been getting.

You are not only a superb vendor but you are a valued member and contributor to Droid Forums.

I couldn't be happier for you.

Great job.