Might just return...

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
They CAN give your upgrade back, it's just a pain in the ass for YOU to make it happen.
You need to get a supervisor involved and get an upgrade exception... it's not easy to pull off, but absolutely doable.

Ok thanks.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
I feel you, I truly do. I used my "early upgrade" discount to get this phone (yes, it's just a phone at this point) and I could not regret it more.

Since you still have the window - return it.
It does suck that you have to wait until next year, but it looks like you will have to wait until next year for Moto to fix the Bionic either way...

Yes your right.

Tonik

Reaction score
Please, do point us to those folks that have reported the excellent results so we can read about it and have excellent results, too.

<Raises Hand> I went with the 'full' third update. I have not had any data drops or BSOD since I did it a week or so ago. I used to get three or 4 a day driving back and forth to work. I stream music in the car and drive in and out of 4G several times on the way home. I always had problems while making the trip. 100 percent flawless since the update. The camera is much better though not as good as it should/could be. At least now it is pretty fast to focus and shoot.

Last edited:

atlrus

Reaction score
<Raises Hand> I went with the 'full' third update. I have not had any data drops or BSOD since I did it a week or so ago. I used to get three or 4 a day driving back and forth to work. I stream music in the car and drive in and out of 4G several times on the way home. I always had problems while making the trip. 100 percent flawless since the update. The camera is much better though not as good as it should/could be. At least now it is pretty fast to focus and shoot.

All you have to do is do a search for "5.7.893" and read some of the threads on various forums. It's a crap-shoot and that's not what I want.
The latest update also modifies your phone beyond reset and there is no official word on what would happen once the official OTA comes out to those that have the 5.7.893.

At this time people are grasping at straws and this is hardly the way it should be with a functioning phone. I personally decided to wait for the promised "by the beginning of November" update and now there is no way I can change to a new phone, Ansa, don't let that happen to you.

Last edited:

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I did not call anyone any names, stop derailing the topic.
There are a few threads (not many) singing Bionic praises, maybe you should leave this one and move there?

Why are the Bionic Zealots trying to discredit the fact that some people that have applied the "leaked" patches, are reporting that they STILL have the data dropout issues?

All it takes is ONE person to report that, and it means the problem is not fixed, no matter how many people claim otherwise after installing the patch. All it's telling me about those that say they're not seeing it, is that they're not putting their phones software into the right condition to generate the problem. Software is not magic. It's logic! And it will execute exactly the same given the same conditions every time! Let me repeat: EVERY TIME.

If the problem is still there for even one person after installing the patch, then the problem is NOT fixed.

Thus, installing the leaked patches is just a waste of time.

Scribble

Reaction score
If the problem is still there for even one person after installing the patch, then the problem is NOT fixed.

Thus, installing the leaked patches is just a waste of time.

Depends on why the person is having the issue, or if it's actually the same issue.

Things that might account for it:

1. Another APP someone has installed is causing the problem, not an OS issue.
2. Their phone hardware is actually faulty.
3. They have something unchecked that they're unaware of.
4. Something crashed, and caused a similar problem, but isn't the same problem.
5. Gnomes from another dimension hate them.

Sure- it could very well also mean the fixes aren't perfect yet

Like yopu said though software is very logical, so in order for it to be repeated every time in the same fashion, you also have to have all of the variables the same for all those times.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Depends on why the person is having the issue, or if it's actually the same issue.

Things that might account for it:

1. Another APP someone has installed is causing the problem, not an OS issue.
2. Their phone hardware is actually faulty.
3. They have something unchecked that they're unaware of.
4. Something crashed, and caused a similar problem, but isn't the same problem.
5. Gnomes from another dimension hate them.

Sure- it could very well also mean the fixes aren't perfect yet

Like yopu said though software is very logical, so in order for it to be repeated every time in the same fashion, you also have to have all of the variables the same for all those times.

You're just reinforcing my point that nothing useful is learned about whether the problem is fixed by "test" data coming from droidforums.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Scribble

Reaction score
You're just reinforcing my point that nothing useful is learned about whether the problem is fixed by "test" data coming from droidforums.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Don't remember arguing against that point. :)

I haven't installed any of the leaked patches myself... I'm content to wait for the OTA as turning on data on roaming pretty much eliminated the data loss issue for me, and I don't get the hissing in my car (where I primarily use the music function) only with my headphones (and won't need to use them until mid December.)

:)

indee2025

Reaction score
I suspect the answer is a resounding no, but has anyone heard anything new about any update at all? I spoke to one verizon rep who said Motorola HAD to put through an update very soon....but at the same time he admitted to not knowing ANYTHING about any updates coming at all. he refused to allow me to switch to a different model phone (on my 2nd bionic) I'm 8 days in on this one....and would only allow me to return it and then pay a restocking fee again ( even though when he sent me phone last week he agreed to waive it but of course didn't "note" that). This phone was expensive and I hate this feeling of not knowing if there will be a fix or not! thinking I might just return, pay the $35 and see what happens in a few weeks. Seriously bummed. Buying a new phone should be a better experience than this!

It's funny you ask a forum worth of people if an update is coming & you have not stated any specific issue you are having......

I have a Droid Bionic & the only issue I have is I think the camera is junk, other than that I've had NO issues...I realize others have but we are not psychic so you need to list what issues you are experiencing....

Also there is a boat load of threads about issues and many resolves through apps & rooting.....

Please tell the rep you talked to that it is not your fault the bionic didn't live up to advertised expectations and you expect them to reinstate your early upgrade discount in FULL....often stating what is logical makes the best case for winning an argument....

On a side note, it's also funny how people on here try to say your problems will be solved with a soon to be "released" update, but you have not stated what issues you have....think about all of this.