1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Messed up my X bad... I may have bricked?

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by Whirlwind3, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

Hey there guys, so after a few hours of searching the forums and the internet in general for answers to my problem i haven't come up with anything solid.

Heres the story - I finally rooted my X earlier today and installed that new liberty ROM... all was fine and dandy until i had to revert back to my stock rom because i was trying to do something.

Well needless to say my backup of the stock ROM that i saved apparently didn't save because it is not on my phone or SD card, and im fairly sure i may have accidentally deleted it.

So now i am stuck with the Liberty ROM but i am wanting to go back to the stock and nothing I have tried is working, factory reset just resets all the data on the phone but keeps the Liberty ROM.

Is there any possible way for me to get the Droid X back to the stock ROM so i can just have the phone back to how it used to be before i tried all my rooting and ROM'ing?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as i have run out of ideas as to what to do and am sick to my stomach to have to go into the verizon store to see what they can do, only to get lectured for doing what i did.
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

If you don't have a backup you will have to sbf to get everything back to stock non rooted.

tappin and a talkin
  3. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

ok thank you spaz, is SBF'ing a hard process to do you think?
  4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Its a fairly simple process. About as difficult as flashing a rom imo. Requires a PC of course but it will get you back to complete out of the box state.

tappin and a talkin
  5. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

Ok thank you :D, currently im looking at maderschramm's guide on how to .sbf, so i'll let you know how goes, and thanks again for the help!!

you have no idea how freaked out i was starting to get!
  6. Dustin.

Dustin. New Member

To my knowledge there is no SBF for. 2.3.340 (assuming that's what you were on trying to install Liberty.)

Sent from my DROID X.
  7. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

There's a system only sbf for. 340 and a full sbf for the leak. The system only should get you straight.

tappin and a talkin
  8. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

well, i downloaded RSD Lite and the .sbf file, but for some reason RSD Lite will not detect my droid X at all, i have looked online and tried the suggestions such as reinstalling all my drivers and making sure they are current.

but RSD doesn't want to recognize the phone whatsoever :( any suggestions?
  9. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Did you have it in bootloader mode?

tappin and a talkin
  10. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

yes bootloader 30.04

and i've been still looking for help on different posts but nothing i've been trying is working, and yes i am running RSD as an administrator

and is it possible that i could just download the stock 2.2 droid x ROM from within ROM manager, then use that, and create a backup of that stock rom if i can get it to work? or is .sbf my only hope?
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  11. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

12. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

I looked at the link you posted andy, and low and behold i thought all was right.

but then after i did what was in the post im just stock in a stock bootloop, at least it is stock and not the custom ROM i had, but it is constantly going through the droid - and then droid red eye - sequence then it just restarts
  13. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

Okay, try pulling your battery and then restarting it while holding the home key and the power button. When the Android and Triangle pop up hit the search key and then do a factory reset.
  14. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

thank you! i finally got this thing to work after nearly 6 hours haha.

just one last question, now that i have done that, can i possibly reroot again and do it correctly this time if i were to want to?

Or was what i did essentially a ROM onto itself? if that makes sense?
  15. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

Of course! You're phone is fresh since you just SBF'd it so all you need is to install the z4Root.apk and let it do it's thing.

It seems your problem wasn't actually flashing the ROM, you just did something along the way of making a backup. I'm sure if you give Liberty a try you will really enjoy it.

And believe me I panic'd alot when I first rooted my phone too but you will definitely get used to it and love it. Just make sure you check the clockwork folder on your SD to make sure you have a backup this time before you do anything!!

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you if you hit me up at twitter.com/arizzxo

I get e-mail's sent to my phone so it'd be much easier for me to respond quicker.
  16. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

yeah i did really like Liberty, but it wouldn't upload my contacts from facebook for some reason and that irked me because without that syncing i only have like 5 actual contacts on my phone :( haha
  17. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

Same here! Easily fixed by downloading the Facebook for Android application from the market and upon your first login it will give you 3 options for sync. Choose Sync All! It's best to do it on a Wi-Fi connection because it has to create thumbnails for all of the pictures and etc..

It's actually better than the Blur sync though because it actually updates your contacts photos
  18. Whirlwind3

Whirlwind3 New Member

so just to make clear, when i eventually get to reinstalling liberty and i want all my contacts, if i do that facebook thing that you said... will it give me all of their numbers back that it currently does when im stock?
  19. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

Yup.

10charr
  20. MrKleen

MrKleen New Member

When you got the bootloop after using the Maderstcok zip all you had to do was do a factory recovery data wipe (hold power button and home key down), then you're good.

There is always a simple way to achieve what you are trying to do... you just have to slow down and do a little reading. I hope you also did a backup of your Liberty rom. And of course you will make a stock backup this time...

But regardless of whatever problems come up it should take no longer than 20 minutes to fully resolve.
Search tags for this page

after a few hours i have to sbf my phone back to stock