getting a custom ROM on rooted droid x .621

ymcmb1000

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid x on .621 and want the liberty ROm but will that set off the efuse? How do i back up my stock ROm i have know incase i have to SBF? what all do i need to get the liberty ROM?

leftspin

Reaction score
There's an option in CWM Recovery to make a complete backup of your system that you can restore at anytime, do that before you flash or wipe anything. Liberty 3.0 is fine to flash over .621.

OP
Y

ymcmb1000

Reaction score
can i use tituaim back up? or where do i get the CWM recovery i need? lay market?

leftspin

Reaction score
Download ROM Manager from the market and use it to flash CWM recovery. After that you'll need Droid 2 Bootstrap to bootstrap and reboot into CWM and flash your ROM. You can use Titanium to backup your apps.

OP
Y

ymcmb1000

Reaction score
i did all that but when i get to the point to install zip from SD card i cant find liberty rom 3 to install it

leftspin

Reaction score
Where did you put it on your SD Card? If you downloaded it on the phone it's probably in /sdcard/download, if you moved it there it should be on /sdcard

OP
Y

ymcmb1000

Reaction score
found it , installed it reboted and now im stuck in bootloader!!!!!!!!!! WHAT TO DO:mad:

newmanx4

Reaction score
Now you'll have to SBF and root again. Once rooted install Droid 2 Bootstrapper and install Rom Manager. Open D2 Bootstrap and hit bootstrap recovery. Then open Rom Manager and hit update latest clockwork recovery. When the device list pops up choose Droid X 2nd init. Then hit reboot recovery still in ROM Manager. Then flash your ROM.

Sent from my Black Iced X

OP
Y

ymcmb1000

Reaction score
COMPLETE stock, no root, no custom rom

OK i dont want a custom ROM I dont want to be rooted or have super user or busybox or anything like that! I just want to be COMPLETE stock out of the box droid x running on the OTA .621 UNrooted update . I just want my phone working again! whats the easyest way to do that???

OP
Y

ymcmb1000

Reaction score
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
thats all i have to say thanks man

OP
Y

ymcmb1000

Reaction score
i still get bootloader error when i try to install liberty rom 3 on rooted .621? Im doing everything right I pretty sure!

SniperKing97

Reaction score
Hey, just so you know you're not crazy, I was in the same boat as you. I guess I still am: I rooted my phone, made a back up, did everything by the book and flashed liberty, and then got stuck in the bootloader without access to CM Recovery and had to SBF. I'm rooted again and if you want Liberty again like I plan to do, I believe that the ROM file you need to use is specifically altered for .621, not .605. Actually, follow this link and read the two replies by Goose306. It explains our situation. The process is not as simple as everyone else has it. Still very simple though.