May as well be chained to the wall.

Androidatic

Reaction score
Not to worry. Once the battery is calibrated you'll get a lot more time out of it. I'm willing to trade some time getting the battery right for the size and form factor of the Razr.

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

OP
J

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Androidatic - there's no setting for "calibration" per se. You're not calibrating the battery but the software, you're "reteaching" it exactly how much the battery can hold by running the phone dead and then recharging to 100% (preferably while the phone is off and plugged into the wall). So far it has worked wonders for me. Over 12 hours of moderate usage on 3G and I'm at 30%.

Raw Dodge - that's funny lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
J

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Just for the storm ... these phone can nearly wipe you after using the restroom ... but Motorola cant produce a phone that gives the battery % in anything but 10s. Wtf? HTC figured it out!

busab

Reaction score
Just for the storm ... these phone can nearly wipe you after using the restroom ... but Motorola cant produce a phone that gives the battery % in anything but 10s. Wtf? HTC figured it out!

Lol yeah I really don't get the increments of 10 thing. I am getting similar battery life as you on here. I'm actually getting better battery life than my Blackberry 9930 that I had before this. That thing had great battery life but couldn't do half of what this can so that's saying something.

Androidatic

Reaction score
Androidatic - there's no setting for "calibration" per se. You're not calibrating the battery but the software, you're "reteaching" it exactly how much the battery can hold by running the phone dead and then recharging to 100% (preferably while the phone is off and plugged into the wall). So far it has worked wonders for me. Over 12 hours of moderate usage on 3G and I'm at 30%.

Raw Dodge - that's funny lol

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

Deron

Reaction score

Battery Circle widget gives accurate battery percentage, no rounding. It's free from Android market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
I heard a guy on here who claims it lasted him 24hrs... I'm not sure I believe it. He says he used it all day at work with a decent amount of 4g then went home, used it on wifi went to bed and the alarm on it woke him up the next morning at 5%! o_O
I'm skeptical... if true...I would go buy one just for the battery life! :)

I will be posting the results of my extensive battery experiments fairly soon (within a few days). I wanted to be able to provide a more objective report on battery life. Subjective reports on how long someone went on their phone may not apply to everyone since the settings and use will vary.

Deron

Reaction score
I believe the trick to long battery life is wifi access. I have ZERO access to wifi and my battery tops out at 6-8 hours MAX. That is with light use. No calls, some texts, some email, few web pages, and a few apps(tapatalk). Without wifi this phone just won't give you these long hours people are claiming. Cell data is a killer.

Yes. My battery experiments are showing that WiFi drains battery at about half the rate as 4g, when doing the same activity with same settings (brightness, volume, etc).

thedrjojo

Reaction score
i swear by Juice defender... so far it has extended the battery life 2x mainly just by disabling the antenna while screen is asleep, disabling 3G/4G when connected to wifi, disabling 3G/4G when using an app (such as a game) that doesn't need access... i'm sure you can probably do similar stuff with the smart actions... haven't even recalibrated my battery yet, may get even more life outa it, but happy going from my LG Ally to the Razr

breedingh8

Reaction score
Battery Circle widget gives accurate battery percentage, no rounding. It's free from Android market.

Yep using battery circle myself great app. also theres a 1% mod floating around no. Sbf yet so careful flsahing mods

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

breedingh8

Reaction score
i swear by Juice defender... so far it has extended the battery life 2x mainly just by disabling the antenna while screen is asleep, disabling 3G/4G when connected to wifi, disabling 3G/4G when using an app (such as a game) that doesn't need access... i'm sure you can probably do similar stuff with the smart actions... haven't even recalibrated my battery yet, may get even more life outa it, but happy going from my LG Ally to the Razr

Calibrated batt 2nd day, setup around 7 smart action rules battery is great im a pretty heavy user :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums