Recommendations for me on Battery Life?

Nizmoz

Reaction score
I got the RAZR Maxx, and I thought the battery would be better than this. But after 5 hours, It went down to 80% already. So I started messing with the smart actions. I disabled 4G/3G when in WIFI and that has helped a lot. Anyone have any ideas what I maybe doing wrong? I have Task Manager (the one that came with it) turn off all the apps when screen is off after 2 minutes. I use Exchange Email Push, Gmail Push. From what everyone was saying, I was expecting better than my iphone, and still in the 80-90s for a full day of battery life left. :/

DocsDad

Reaction score
I got the RAZR Maxx, and I thought the battery would be better than this. But after 5 hours, It went down to 80% already. So I started messing with the smart actions. I disabled 4G/3G when in WIFI and that has helped a lot. Anyone have any ideas what I maybe doing wrong? I have Task Manager (the one that came with it) turn off all the apps when screen is off after 2 minutes. I use Exchange Email Push, Gmail Push. From what everyone was saying, I was expecting better than my iphone, and still in the 80-90s for a full day of battery life left. :/

Hmmm.

Projecting your 5 hours of use out = 20 hours off charge and having 20% left? Pretty good in my opinion. It will vary from day to day though. Some days are more brutal than others. Just keep playing with smart actions to suit your particular usage. I have my display at 25% and screen times out at 1 minute. I use 4G all day and wifi at home and I am pleased with battery life. Today, I am at 9 1/2 hours of pretty standard use (web, FB, Words w/Friends, talk, news apps and lots of texting) and have 67% charge remaining. Happy.

Keep playing with SA but it sounds like you are doing good.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
One suggestion that might help: the stock Task Manager can be set to end selected apps/widgets 2 minutes after display turns off. When you think about it, there are very few apps/widgets that you need running after the display turns off (depends of course on how you use your phone). Over the course of the day it can make a pretty big difference.

OP
N

Nizmoz

Reaction score
Yea, I turned mostly all off except Email, and I think a few that looked like it was needed for the phone itself to work. I am at 68 % now since I have been using the 3g/4g cutoff left. So with that, it hardly drops.