Original Razr....Yes or No..?

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm going to purchase my Razr this week. I have a $50.00 discount waiting and still trying to decide if I should get the original Razr or Maxx! How many are satisfied with the battery life on the original?

I'm thinking about buying the 16gb for $199.00 but will I be able to take my SD card from my Droid X out and install it in the Razr? Not sure if that can be done? The rep from Verizon on the phone said I could, but I want to be sure. I would love to get a Razr for only $150.00 (including my discount).

I like to watch a lot of news clips like CNN, MSNBC, CBS etc, so I'm wondering if I should just buy the Maxx at $299 with $50 discount.... Decisions...Decisions.... One good thing is I get 25% off on accessories due to my Government Discount. What would you do?

connorandrew

Reaction score
The maxx. You Will be glad you spent the extra money trust me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would DEFINITELY go with the Maxx. I would never consider purchasing the Original Droid Razr at this point.

SANhacker

Reaction score
I have the RAZR (non Maxx) and am very happy with the battery life. Much better than my OG Droid and with Smart Actions enabled for home and work it lasts all day without a problem. That said, if I was buying today I would definitely get the Maxx. 3300mah battery for ~1mm of thickness. FTW

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If you are looking to get a great phone with good battery life and at a great price, The Droid RAZR is an EXCELLENT choice. If you are looking for a great phone with great battery life and a $299.00 price tag the Droid RAZR Maxx will be an EXCELLENT choice. If both phones were $150.00 I'd say get the Maxx (for obvious reasons) If I was in your position I'd get the Droid RAZR (at that price and w/ that accessory deal it can't be beat)

Yes you can use your old SD card. Good luck and let us know what you choose.

adavis609

Reaction score
I have the 1st Gen and i have to charge mine twice each day, but I do use it a lot...if I had the option of the maxx when i got this one i definitely would have shelled out the extra cash...because the battery is non removable its almost a no brainer since you'll have the phone for two years.

Razr FTW

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You do have around 14 days to exchange the phone for a new one. I'd go with the RAZR see how you like it for a week or so, and if the battery isn't worth it replace it with the MAXX.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the quick responses. I think I will try the Razr first. Not sure what Smart Actions to use but I will figure it out. From what I read, the original Razr has good battery life so thats enough for me. If I can get through at least a day without charging it, I'm satisfied. Any suggestions as to where I can purchase a 16gb SD card from instead of Verizon? I hear Verizon's is too expensive. :biggrin:

I love this board. I always get quick and helpful responses! You all are great.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Your comment was very helpful. I think I will try the original Razr. I'm getting excited!!! Do you know if the Razr will be getting ICS soon? That would just be icing on the cake, Lol....
If you are looking to get a great phone with good battery life and at a great price, The Droid RAZR is an EXCELLENT choice. If you are looking for a great phone with great battery life and a $299.00 price tag the Droid RAZR Maxx will be an EXCELLENT choice. If both phones were $150.00 I'd say get the Maxx (for obvious reasons) If I was in your position I'd get the Droid RAZR (at that price and w/ that accessory deal it can't be beat)

Yes you can use your old SD card. Good luck and let us know what you choose.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Your comment was very helpful. I think I will try the original Razr. I'm getting excited!!! Do you know if the Razr will be getting ICS soon? That would just be icing on the cake, Lol....
Yes it's coming but the million dollar question is when....speculation varies from April-June. I'd say sooner rather than later. It's Verizon's lovechild (commercials are STILL rampant everywhere) and they won't sit on it that long.

Sei28

Reaction score
If both phones were 299.99, then I would pick the Maxx and I assume most people here would do the same.

For $100 less though, I personally would buy the Original Razr. I'm a light user (OG Razr) and currently at 54% battery after 50 hours, meaning the phone would last me definitely 3 and maybe close to 4 full days. Although I am a light user, I do have Go Launcher Ex and a few memory hogging/battery draining widgets installed and running on top of Motorola's Custom UI. For phone with 4.3 in. Super AMOLED display, that is an excellent battery life.

I also really like how slim the original Razr is.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If both phones were 299.99, then I would pick the Maxx and I assume most people here would do the same.

For $100 less though, I personally would buy the Original Razr. I'm a light user (OG Razr) and currently at 54% battery after 50 hours, meaning the phone would last me definitely 3 and maybe close to 4 full days. Although I am a light user, I do have Go Launcher Ex and a few memory hogging/battery draining widgets installed and running on top of Motorola's Custom UI. For phone with 4.3 in. Super AMOLED display, that is an excellent battery life.

I also really like how slim the original Razr is.

I would also have chosen the MAXX if it were available and at the same price when I got my RAZR but there's no purpose in even discussing that since there's no way they'd give the same price to two different versions of the same phone where one has twice the battery.

As for what I would pick today, since the MAXX is NOW what my RAZR WAS when purchased back in November and if I were buying today I'd likely choose the MAXX. Still, the RAZR's battery is acceptable for my purpose since I am near auxiliary power most of the day (home either AC or PC, same at work, and Navigation Dock in the car), and Lithium Ion batteries prefer to be topped off multiple times rather than drained completely and recharged.

ablank

Reaction score
Original is a great phone if you can't afford the maxx. Haven't had a problem, averaging 17 hours on battery a day. Get a car dock as well.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok... Hmmm... why a car dock? I was going to just purchase a car charger. Does it matter really?
Original is a great phone if you can't afford the maxx. Haven't had a problem, averaging 17 hours on battery a day. Get a car dock as well.