May as well be chained to the wall.

pico1

Reaction score
This comes free when you buy the Razr at Costco! You will also get an HDMI HD dock in the Costco accessory bundle. It's a mail-in rebate though, so gotta mail out your stuff to get it. But these 2 things are like $120 or so I reckon...

epphllps

Reaction score
I believe the trick to long battery life is wifi access. I have ZERO access to wifi and my battery tops out at 6-8 hours MAX. That is with light use. No calls, some texts, some email, few web pages, and a few apps(tapatalk). Without wifi this phone just won't give you these long hours people are claiming. Cell data is a killer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Any of you guys root and freeze some bloat yet? My battery life shot up when I did that on the DB. Food for thought! :)

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I heard a guy on here who claims it lasted him 24hrs... I'm not sure I believe it. He says he used it all day at work with a decent amount of 4g then went home, used it on wifi went to bed and the alarm on it woke him up the next morning at 5%! o_O
I'm skeptical... if true...I would go buy one just for the battery life! :)

NoBloatware

Reaction score
- Set your WIFI sleep policy to never. The default is "turn off when screen turns off". This will cause the wifi to reconnect every time you open the phone. From any Home Screen select Menu/Settings/Wireless & Networks/ and then use the Menu button to see some new options - select Advanced. Then select Wifi Sleep Policy and set it to Never. Home key to return to Home Screen.

Setting WIFI sleep policy to never might not be a great idea. I set mine to turn off WIFI when the screen turns off. Note that this is different from the WIFI on/off toggle.

OP
J

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Well I ran my pone completely DEAD and didn't turn it back on until it was 100% charged. Fired it up, took it off the charger and connected the Bluetooth for the drive home. Got home texted quite a bit, surfed the web about 50/50 swift/3G made about an hours worth of phone calls and now I'm writing this.

I took it off the charger at 2pm and its 630 and it is at 80%. The battery REALLY needed to BA calibrated. I use my phone heavily on 3G at work so ill report back with how long it lasts me.

BULL27

Reaction score
Chained to the wall?? Man thats quite the exaggeration...I have had the OG, DX1, Incredible, and Charge and this BLOWS all of them away with the implemented Smart Actions. I am now getting 13+ hrs with approx 50% left for 3 days straight before I plug it in for bed. I have never gotten anywhere near this with any of the above devices except the Incredible with the humpback ~2700 Mah battery strapped on. I have 4 emails pushed, with average to heavy use and a bunch of things syncing with no restrictions. By the way, it is paper thin, think Moto did a pretty damn good job on this one. People need to set their damn phones up correctly instead of coming on here and *****ing about battery life.

OP
J

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Well I had a justified concern about my battery life. Even with everything set correctly it was awful. Turns out that it just needed to be calibrated. 9 hours after taking it off the charger I still have 60% left so I am more than satisfied.

IMO we shouldn't have to do this right out of the gate but whatever.

BULL27

Reaction score
Well I had a justified concern about my battery life. Even with everything set correctly it was awful. Turns out that it just needed to be calibrated. 9 hours after taking it off the charger I still have 60% left so I am more than satisfied.

Unfortunately with a 4G phone you do, luckily we have Smart Actions. Alot of people use Juice Defender on their non-Razr phones which is basically the same thing. I have that on my wife's Charge and it makes a big difference. Again, it's what you have to do nowadays, or you can always just leave it on 3G but whats the point of having a 4G phone. I hear your point though.

Oaklands

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong...all great suggestions as im sure this would save battery but man you have to admit...you shouldnt have to do all that. The phone offers so much yet the manufacture gives a battery that would proudly power a phone from 1999 with no issues but yet cannot power a phone it comes with for a full day if you turn on all the bells and whistles as advertised.

Its like they are saying here is a phone that can do anything you want and has all the "cool" features you are looking for. However, if you want to use these "cool" features expect to charge your battery midway through the day. If you dont want to charge your phone midway through the day please configure your phone as if it were a phone released in 2001 as the battery we provided will not power the phone as advertised for a full day with moderate usage.

Quite simply if they ship a product with certain expectations that they advertise then they should provide a battery that is up to the task to run the phone at its maximum capability for a full day. You should not be required to dumb your phone down to something made in 1999 just to keep the battery going all day.

Just my thoughts.

You have to remember. The 1999 phone was not capable of what phones do today. Also, batteries have not evolved nearly as much as the phones.

busab

Reaction score
I found the "social networking" app to be a HUGE battery/data hog. Delete any accounts you have in that app. My battery went from putrid to phenomenal after I did this.

Androidatic

Reaction score

Can you let us know how you calibrated the battery?

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

Oaklands

Reaction score
I heard a guy on here who claims it lasted him 24hrs... I'm not sure I believe it. He says he used it all day at work with a decent amount of 4g then went home, used it on wifi went to bed and the alarm on it woke him up the next morning at 5%! o_O
I'm skeptical... if true...I would go buy one just for the battery life! :)

You may be referring to me. If so, I did not say I used much 4g. I said I went through a normal day of use with a bit of tweaking. Didn't realize my cable was not plugged into my dock for the night and it still woke me up the next morning with a snooze. I did use some 4g but not much. I have wifi at my office. I took a few pics and tweaked with it on and off throughout the day. No way the phone would make it that long using a lot of 4g. The nature of the beast is no phone would.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Sorrry to hear of poor battery life...I wanted a razr until I found out about the integral battery...think Motorola went the wrong way...we need more options for keeping our phones running longer when away from an outlet,not less...so now itll be iphone and razr owners spending time looking for outlets and places to sit near one....im sure iphone users will hate the competition...:icon_evil: