maxx hd

dan.dar

Reaction score
Just ordered mine on wirefly for $199, no tax and free shipping. That's $120 savings over what I'd have to pay at VZW store. The only thing is no instant gratification. I'll have to wait till probably the end of next week before I get it as apparently they will get them in stock in 2-3 days.

In the mean-time I checked it out in the store. The black one looks great, the kevlar back feels good in the hand and makes the phone hard to slip out accidentally. It feels very solid and fairly thin. It's no OG razr thin, but the way the back is shaped it feels thinner than it actually is. The best part is that there is hardly any signal attenuation from holding it in your hand. I returned Razr M due to that fact. Laying on the table, both phones show similar signal strength, as soon as you pick them up, the M drops 10dbm. In fringe areas that's the difference between 4G and 3G. The Maxx HD is definitely a keeper.

maxxhd

Reaction score
I'm loving it so far. Way better than the S3 I returned.

Gripes:
1) foxfi doesn't work, neither does wifi tether for root (yes mine's rooted already)
2) you need a special tool that comes with it to access the microSD slot and the SIM card. It's basically a skinny paperclip-sized hole but it's annoying.

Other than that it seems to be great so far.

scion676

Reaction score
I'm loving it so far. Way better than the S3 I returned.

Gripes:
1) foxfi doesn't work, neither does wifi tether for root (yes mine's rooted already)
2) you need a special tool that comes with it to access the microSD slot and the SIM card. It's basically a skinny paperclip-sized hole but it's annoying.
Other than that it seems to be great so far.

#1 = not good.... I use foxfi almost daily on my current razr... I just purchased the Maxx HD too. If I can't use that in the near future, this phone is sadly going back without even being turned on...

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
No foxfi? Why? Works on bionic just fine. Before returning, contact the Foxfi dev. See what they say. Maybe they can upgrade.

maxxhd

Reaction score
No foxfi? Why? Works on bionic just fine. Before returning, contact the Foxfi dev. See what they say. Maybe they can upgrade.

I did - hopefully they get on the case quick.

I cant really complain too much...it's a brand new phone that was just released 6.5hours ago. lol
I'm sure the issue will be fixed soon these are gonna sell like hotcakes.

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
$659.00 for maintaining unlimited data. Very, very different from the D1. Have not had time to really do much with it, yet.

maxxhd

Reaction score
Yep, total price for the MAXX HD was $698 out the door at VZ.

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I'll do to keep my unlimited data.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
$659.00 for maintaining unlimited data. Very, very different from the D1. Have not had time to really do much with it, yet.

Coming from the D1 it must feel like you just stepped on to a bullet train!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with trying to return a phone after paying full price?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Why not use the built In app I thought they quit charging for lte tethering

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why not use the built In app I thought they quit charging for lte tethering

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Only if you are on tiered. They paid full price to keep unlimited (how it sounds anyway) so tethering is not included.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2