maxx hd

CPAaz

Reaction score
I got my Max HD yesterday and it is excellent. The battery is unbelievable. I have been using the heck out of it for 12 hours and I am still over 50%. Overall I am very happy.

kevins686

Reaction score
If Maxx HD had been released wthin the return period for my Maxx, I'd have gladly swapped it out and paid the restocking fee :)

Red Droid

Reaction score
When I get ready to upgrade, I'm planning to go with one of the Motorola Developer phones. Hopefully it won't have any bloatware in the phone.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Red Droid said:
When I get ready to upgrade, I'm planning to go with one of the Motorola Developer phones. Hopefully it won't have any bloatware in the phone.

You just zap it into oblivion if you register it.

Red Droid

Reaction score
If I order from Motorola, instead of purchasing from Verizon, I'd hope the bloatware wouldn't be installed at all.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what comes on it to, hate to get it with nada on it just a bunch of hardware.

DBLDWN86

Reaction score
Droid newbie here. (Hello) I personally love the new Maxx HD. I have a few concerns though. Did anyone notices these issues?
1. The weather circle (widget) was not updating.
2. The text message count indicator would not clear after reading the text.
3. Watching live on NFL Mobile; the resolution is horrendous. I had no problems resolution wise from NFL Mobile with my previous Razr Maxx.

And that's about it. Everything else is what I expected. Battery life kills all other phones-period.
I took off the charger at 10am yesterday. Talked for a total of 4 hours. Used Pandora for 2 hours. Medium Web Browsing, 60 something texts.
Very high use of calendar and email. Navigator for an hour or so while listening to Pandora. It has been on battery use for 15 1/2 hours and shows 28%
battery left. You don't need anything better than that! This phone rules all. Now is JB worth the wait or is ROOTING a must? Hmmmm....

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
DBLDWN86 said:
Droid newbie here. (Hello) I personally love the new Maxx HD. I have a few concerns though. Did anyone notices these issues?
1. The weather circle (widget) was not updating.
2. The text message count indicator would not clear after reading the text.
3. Watching live on NFL Mobile; the resolution is horrendous. I had no problems resolution wise from NFL Mobile with my previous Razr Maxx.

Welcome to Droid Forums! For #1, it needs to have Wi-Fi or 3g/4g enabled in order to update, possibly background data also. If you are using a smart action to disable these things while screen is off, then it can't update until after you turn the screen back on.
#2, I believe the stock text message indicator will only reset if you open texts from the stock text app. If you are using a third party app (GoSMS or Handcent) to get your texts, then those texts still are unopened on the stock text app.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
#2, I believe the stock text message indicator will only reset if you open texts from the stock text app. If you are using a third party app (GoSMS or Handcent) to get your texts, then those texts still are unopened on the stock text app.
Correct but you can turn the notification off for the stock messaging app if you do not use it

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
drew96dawg said:
Correct but you can turn the notification off for the stock messaging app if you do not use it

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thanks drew! I actually disabled the stock app in app manager.

DBLDWN86

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Welcome to Droid Forums! For #1, it needs to have Wi-Fi or 3g/4g enabled in order to update, possibly background data also. If you are using a smart action to disable these things while screen is off, then it can't update until after you turn the screen back on.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply! I only use stock apps. For me to get the Weather Circle app to update, I have to press it and sometimes it updates. If not, then I need go into the Weather settings and turn off current location-go back out

View attachment 57320

and then turn current location back on. Then it updates. Now, having Weather on my phone is not priority. However I do not want to be seeing it's "clear and sunny" when it's raining at 11pm. All my services are enabled and background process limit is set to standard, which is normal I guess. I use the stock text app and appears to clear it's message count on it's own but not right away. Weird thing though, each time I DL a new app from PLAY, the text message count shows as if I have a new text. In other words, my TEXT COUNTER isn't just counting new texts. (weird)

Notice in the pic, the Text app shows "1". I didn't receive any new texts. All I did was DL a new app.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Very strange indeed dbldwn. If you haven't tried already, try rebooting your phone and see if that changes things. The other thing you can try is going into app manager, all apps and clear cache on both your text messaging apps and the circle widgets apps.

DBLDWN86

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Very strange indeed dbldwn. If you haven't tried already, try rebooting your phone and see if that changes things. The other thing you can try is going into app manager, all apps and clear cache on both your text messaging apps and the circle widgets apps.

I cleared data for both text and weather circle, rebooted phone. Weather seems to be fixed, thanks (btw). The text issue, not so much. Trying to figure out why is pretty much out my hands. Does anyone else have the issue with this stock text message count? I have gone into Google Play settings and unchecked add shortcut/widget automatically, thinking it would fix the problem. It didn't. The only way to get it to reset is if I get a new text.

scion676

Reaction score
#1 = not good.... I use foxfi almost daily on my current razr... I just purchased the Maxx HD too. If I can't use that in the near future, this phone is sadly going back without even being turned on...

So my experience lately with foxfi or the sql lite hack hasn't been going well. I primarily tether my ipad2 to the phone and here's a description of what's been happening to me lately (I sent this to the Foxfi Dev):

I am still not able to connect my laptop or my ipad2 to Foxfi. Can the issue stem from the ipad2 being on ios6? Is that supported by your app? I am desperate to get a fix for this as I used it every day before upgrading.

Recent changes I've made:
1. Upgrading from Razr Maxx to Razr Maxx HD
2. iPad upgraded to ios6 from ios5

Is there any correlation in those upgrades and my current issues?

As I mentioned previously, this is what happens when I run the app.

-Foxfi starts up like normal
-It shows up on the ssid list on the ipad
-the ipad connects initially like normal, shows up as a connected device on foxfi
-about 5 or so seconds later, the ipad loses the connection and the SSID disappears from the ipads wifi list
-foxfi still claims that the ipad is connected until I stop the app

I've tried downloading the Foxfi Addon app as others have mentioned but that does nothing to fix the problem. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app... restarted my phone...toggled the wifi on the ipad... restarted the ipad to no avail.

The sql lite hack seems to work but inconsistently. I can access websites but not do anything bandwidth intensive, (like use Airvideo or Airplayit, which I use daily). I think Verizon might be either throttling or blocking ports to prevent me from streaming stuff from my computer... not sure.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got one and I like it. Battery, reception, feel, performance, speaker, volume....even the volume thru music players with head phones is louder than my RAZR. This is the first time in a long time I dont have have the volume at max when listening to music. Its seriously that loud. Surprised that the screen is better at brightness, whites, blacks, and no black splotches vs my RAZR. I expected the higher screen res to be better, but didnt expect everything else.

This is one of the few times where a newer version of a phone is almost better in every way. Granted, the screen stuff can go either way....but I lucked up like crazy with no black splotches.

I didnt like the on screen keys when I had a G Nex....and I still dont like em....lol. Thats probably the only thing I dont like about this phone.

Last edited: