maxx hd

maxxhd

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with trying to return a phone after paying full price?

I returned my S3 within the 14 day period and got a full refund.

And correct, hotspotting isn't included on the unlimited plan. They want the tiered users to use way more data than they thought so they can charge 'em for it.
They know us unlimited guys are planning to go nuts with tethering so they make it more difficult. Dammit.

Last edited:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
maxxhd said:
I returned my S3 within the 14 day period and got a full refund.

You paid full price? No 35 dollar restocking fee?
Not too worried about the 35 bucks, I drink more than that on a good night. Slow night too for that matter. And thanks for your input.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I have to know. Anybody figure out if you take the two torx screws out of the bottom will it come apart or is it still cemented together?

larsonage

Reaction score
Anyone thinking about buying the developer version on Motorola website. It's $50 cheaper than Verizon's version.

jaseman

Reaction score
Been playing with mine for several hours now. I think the sound from the external speakers is better than the Razr Maxx, which I also have. Even with my headphones plugged in the sound is better. There is a "new" (at least to me) equalizer for the sound. To get to the "all apps" you have to go into main phone settings and go through the "apps" there to find running and all apps to see what you may have disabled. Cannot find any task app in the app drawer. Only a calendar for such things. A few other changes here and there, but overall it is great so far.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Yep, total price for the MAXX HD was $698 out the door at VZ.
Whoa, I thought it was $750 for it? Sweet!
Anybody have any experience with trying to return a phone after paying full price?
I bought a GS3 on release day and returned it the next day for a full refund, except the $35 restocking fee.
Anyone thinking about buying the developer version on Motorola website. It's $50 cheaper than Verizon's version.
I thought it was $599 for the RAZR HD, not the MAXX.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The dev. Model from Verizon is indeed $599 and is a plain razr HD.

Cavedog

Reaction score
Just created an account here to comment in this thread. I've had a Droid X for 2 years and my plan just expired about a month ago. i was dead set on getting an S3 after i saw how Apple basically re-marketed the Iphone 4S as an Iphone 5 (sure there were some tweaks), but I've heard a lot of complaints about the GS3 (mostly build quality issues). I got the Maxx HD the day it came out and LOVE it. It's very fast compared to my old X (not a good comparison, I know), the video and screen quality are amazing, as is the overall build quality. Battery life seems very good so far, I've been on my phone all day, including downloading various apps and making a few 15-30 min calls and my battery is still at 89%.I do like the smart actions, however I wish I could turn off the LED indicator at night. I plan on getting an otterbox soon as well.

edit: it seems that Swype has been changed a bit since I last used it... It is registering my inputs much more accurately than my droid X did. Swype was one of the main reasons I didn't want to be a hipster and get an iphone.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Just created an account here to comment in this thread. I've had a Droid X for 2 years and my plan just expired about a month ago. i was dead set on getting an S3 after i saw how Apple basically re-marketed the Iphone 4S as an Iphone 5 (sure there were some tweaks), but I've heard a lot of complaints about the GS3 (mostly build quality issues). I got the Maxx HD the day it came out and LOVE it. It's very fast compared to my old X (not a good comparison, I know), the video and screen quality are amazing, as is the overall build quality. Battery life seems very good so far, I've been on my phone all day, including downloading various apps and making a few 15-30 min calls and my battery is still at 89%.I do like the smart actions, however I wish I could turn off the LED indicator at night. I plan on getting an otterbox soon as well.

edit: it seems that Swype has been changed a bit since I last used it... It is registering my inputs much more accurately than my droid X did. Swype was one of the main reasons I didn't want to be a hipster and get an iphone.

Changes in the iphone:
Slightly bigger screen from 3.5 to 4inches diagonally
Support of lte data
New dual core processor clocked at 1.3ghz

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
Notification Volume

Has anyone noticed it's LOUD! Even on its lowest setting?
Or is it just my phone?

tkileh

Reaction score
I love my new maxx HD and made my women happy I gave her my regular maxx so its a win win.

Maxx HD

2dulu2u

Reaction score
I remember when I got the Droid X and the issues with loudness. Compared to that the Maxx HD is quite loud which I like...and so far people on the other end of calls comment on how clear the calls sound. They compare it to a land line...

Loving the speed on this phone, too. Its just great!!

Reaction score
I have mine for the past 24 hours coming from the razr maxx. I actually feel like this battery is better then the original one. LOve the features of the quick settings on the main menu. I just noticed the swype is not as accurate as my previous one. I will report more when I have more details. So far so good.

Lucas5

Reaction score
i picked up mine ( Maxx version) yesterday and I'm really loving it. I came from the samsung galaxy nexus which was a great phone, but I didn't like the cheap/plasticy build quality. This moto phone is SOOOO much nicer even though it does have some bloat. (a quick trip to the ROOT fairy took care of that!) My biggest or favorite part is that awesome battery life! It took me 8 hours to get down to the battery level that my GN would take to get to in 2 hours! ... i still can't get over how nice it's to hold this puppy. it's tough and sexy!!!! :)