Many, many problems.

Hobn

Reaction score
  • Loud static from headphones while listening to media, I use Jawbreakers from the Verizon Wireless store, the earbud with the microphone usually stops working, and I can find a height/orientation in which to position the phone as to keep turning on and off the earbud
  • Random pauses/resumes/skips while listening to music, with many different music players and usually when the headphone cable is in motion, or the top end of the jack is touched -picture-, and also usually happens in "sprees", making slideshows out of my movies and skipping all over my music library picture

• Random calls to most recently called contact, or initiating of voice commands, also usually keeps bringing it up after closing
  • Screen turns on without prompt, restarted once in my pocket, at 80-90% battery
I'm sure there are other things, but this is all I can think of for now. I will add to this later, can anyone help before I email Verizon for a replacement? The

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
  • Loud static from headphones while listening to media
  • Random pauses/resumes/skips while listening to music, with many different music players and usually when the headphone cable is in motion, or the top end of the jack is touched: picture
  • Random calls to most recently called contact, or initiating of voice commands
  • Screen turns on without prompt, restarted once in my pocket, at 80-90% battery
I'm sure there are other things, but this is all I can think of for now. I will add to this later, can anyone help before I email Verizon for a replacement?

Have ya tried different earphones for the static?
Are you using a task killer and possibly have the music player set to "auto-kill"?
Do you use a screen lock for when the phone is in your pocket?
Restarts have been reported - if they are persistent, I would consider a factory reset (restore to factory settings).
If these don't solve your issues - I would contact VZW tech support - troubleshoot with them and possibly request a replacement device...

OP
Hobn

Hobn

Reaction score
  • Random pauses/resumes/skips while listening to music, with many different music players and usually when the headphone cable is in motion, or the top end of the jack is touched: picture

I'm sure there are other things, but this is all I can think of for now. I will add to this later, can anyone help before I email Verizon for a replacement?

Are you using a task killer and possibly have the music player set to "auto-kill"?
Restarts have been reported - if they are persistent, I would consider a factory reset (restore to factory settings).
If these don't solve your issues - I would contact VZW tech support - troubleshoot with them and possibly request a replacement device...

I use a pattern screen lock, no task killers, the apps remain opened, and I have tried battery pulls and a factory reset, although the reset was before this all happened.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I use a pattern screen lock, no task killers, the apps remain opened, and I have tried battery pulls and a factory reset, although the reset was before this all happened.

I'd troubleshoot with VZW tech support and request a replacement - not normal operation for the X...

OP
Hobn

Hobn

Reaction score
Should I go to a store or go onto their website?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I'd call into the VZW number - call from a phone other than your X so that they can do the troubleshoot...