Many 4G Phones will be FREE on Monday at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Thunderbolt or charge, revolution is ewww imo.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Why? The Revolution seems to be a much better phone than either the TB or Charge.

Comes with an unlocked bootloader and a pretty nice UI.

Lots of RAM, decent camera, and better benchmarks than the TB and Charge.

The Bing seems unobtrusive and can be replaced with Google search from the market..

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Does Amazon Wireless have that rule where if you buy a phone from them you can't make changes to your phone/plan for 6 months?

I'm looking around and I can't seem to find that they do.

I almost bought a phone from Amazon and wanted to have them switch it from the phonethat was eligible to the phone that was not ( something Verizon does willingly).Amazon said they could not do that so i told them I would have Verizon switch it for me once I received the phone. Amazon told me i had to wait 6 months or i would have to play a penalty. I explained that I could find no where in their terms where it said that. Needless to say, Verizon told me i could always switch phones within my plan and they couldn't understand how Amazon would even know whether i did or not. With more research, I found out that the 3rd party resellers track the esn #'s to determine if the phone switched to different #. I wasnt going to chance it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

really? never heard of such a thing. i was going to use my upgrade on one of these for my wife if they are free. i have to do research now :icon_eek:

rawr33

Reaction score
On Amazon Wireless Website at AmazonWireless

AmazonWireless Instant Discount Policy
When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ahhh, they finally put it in writing! At the time I talked to them, it wasn't and I almost made the purchase with the intention of switching phones but luckily talked to them before. The rep and I looked to find where Amazon disclosed it and it was nowhere to be found, although he insisted it would happen. Told them then that they needed to put that in the agreement.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Zecpull

Reaction score
Best buy

Last time I tried an early upgrade from a 3rd party source (best buy) they told me that even though vzw showed the discounted prices their computers (best buy's) do not show those who are elligible for early upgrades and wont be able to give the discounted price.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Best buy not only could see the upgrade on my lines.. they moved it to my phone from my Wife's.. I got an X in November.. and the X2 last week

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
On Amazon Wireless Website at AmazonWireless

AmazonWireless Instant Discount Policy
When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.

Yuck, thanks for the link.

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it will be free if I add a new line to my family plan?

Here is my situation, I've got a BB storm that is available for an upgrade. It is the Primary line on a family plan that has 3 other phones on it. None of those are up for an upgrade until Nov. at the earliest.

I'd like to take advantage of the free phone deal, but don't want another contract as the one I have has an employee discount.

I can get the Revolution at verizon.com for $149. Would adding a line and transferring my main number to the new phone be cheaper than the $149?

Is there any other way around this?

rawr33

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it will be free if I add a new line to my family plan?

Here is my situation, I've got a BB storm that is available for an upgrade. It is the Primary line on a family plan that has 3 other phones on it. None of those are up for an upgrade until Nov. at the earliest.

I'd like to take advantage of the free phone deal, but don't want another contract as the one I have has an employee discount.

I can get the Revolution at verizon.com for $149. Would adding a line and transferring my main number to the new phone be cheaper than the $149?

Is there any other way around this?

Sounds like upgrading your line via any method (including Amazon) would be your best monetary deal. If you add another line, you'll have to pay another $10/month for it.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Just checked the Amazon program, early upgrade is not eligible for the special promotion, it has to be a full upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Amazon program?

What is an early upgrade considered?

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Just checked the Amazon program, early upgrade is not eligible for the special promotion, it has to be a full upgrade.

I have a full upgrade. My BB storm 2 contract expired a couple of weeks ago.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Amazon program?

What is an early upgrade considered?

Amazon Free for all 4g phones. I am not eligible until december

Where did you see this? I've been eligible for a new device since March. Does that mean I'm early upgrade or full?

Trenton

Reaction score
after your 2 year contract is up its a full upgrade....an early upgrade would be like 18 months in or something like that

cujo6801

Reaction score
it says almost 20 4g phones..does this mean almost 20 total phones (as in we gave away 20 and that's it...)because to me its not real clear....anybody know for sure...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.