Many 4G Phones will be FREE on Monday at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Well they both have 4.3" displays lol...but I agree, the Revolution's does look bigger, probably because there's less of the chassis surrounding the screen.

And technically all "transferring" and upgrade to another line does is extend the contract on whatever phone line the upgrade was transferred from. So just upgrade a line that can be upgraded and activate it on whatever line you want, same thing as transferring the upgrade.

Actually I am looking to upgrade a line that is currently under contract, I can only assume a Verizon mishap. Nevertheless, I'm about 6 months into my contract, if I upgrade (which Amazon confirms I can do) will the contract end two years from tomorrow or will it end two years after my current contract ends?

Yes they do both have 4.3 TFT screens. However the TB's looks washed out compared to the Revolution.

The Revo's screen is almost as good as the Charge's Super AMOLED Plus.

Luckily my Storm II is now out of contract and due for an upgrade. I'm getting The LG Revolution as the replacement.

MisterBill

Reaction score
Just a quick note I was reading in the other thread that you CANNOT upgrade a line, and transfer the phone to another line. I would like someone to prove me wrong bc on verizon you can do this fine, but I'm just warning people that I read that you cannot do this.
Whaaaaaat?.....that doesnt seem right.... if you upgrade through amazon..you cant switch?
That's correct, for 6 months. Because they are getting their commission based on the phone number you upgraded staying in service for that period with the phone they sold you (or gave you).

smalltank

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing..I found a local iphone fix it shop and couldnt fix my iphone's wifi (went dead)...no help for it..but they also did contracts with wireless carriers tmo and vzw..much better prices compared to vzw corporate stores..so look out for em near you

ST

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Just a quick note I was reading in the other thread that you CANNOT upgrade a line, and transfer the phone to another line. I would like someone to prove me wrong bc on verizon you can do this fine, but I'm just warning people that I read that you cannot do this.
Whaaaaaat?.....that doesnt seem right.... if you upgrade through amazon..you cant switch?
That's correct, for 6 months. Because they are getting their commission based on the phone number you upgraded staying in service for that period with the phone they sold you (or gave you).

I interpreted it as the line has to remain active, not active with the phone you buy from Amazon. But if you are in fact correct, that's a bummer.... Can other people reading this go to Amazon's Mobile place and read up on it? We need some second opinions lol

MisterBill

Reaction score
I assume it's 12:00am EST, but could be PST I guess... Depends where Amazon is based, but I thought it was based in like NYC... Could be wrong.
Amazon is on PDT - they are in Seattle, WA.

As for the question of upgrades, I am not sure what you folks mean by "early". My kids are both a few months short of 2 years but Amazon shows them both as eligible for an upgrade. Verizon shows them as eligible and my daughter (primary line) has a NE2 discount on her line.

The thing I like about Amazon is that they give you the same price for an upgrade of the primary or secondary line (Wirefly only lets you upgrade 1 additional line and only if you do the primary at the same time). I just got my wife an LG Octane (non-Smartphone) from Amazon last week and I got it for a penny even though she was not the primary line.

I think we will all be upgrading to 4G at Amazon tomorrow, assuming the phones are free. I had been looking at the Incredible 2 at Wirefly, but if I can get 4G phones for free, it's a no brainer.

MisterBill

Reaction score
I interpreted it as the line has to remain active, not active with the phone you buy from Amazon. But if you are in fact correct, that's a bummer.... Can other people reading this go to Amazon's Mobile place and read up on it? We need some second opinions lol
Call their customer service and ask. I would be happy to be proved wrong, but I read about the no switching thing with Wirefly, and I have no reason to believe that Amazon is different since they tell you about their own cancellation policy and charge.

y0manda

Reaction score
And I don't know how informed you are on the specifics of the three 4G LTE phones (Revolution, Thunderbolt, Charge) but though I should let you know why I'm going with the Thunderbolt.

Most memory (32GB SD + 8GB internal = 40GB]

I think the the Revolution has more.

Kickstand

Not a big deal IMO esp.when you can't use it with the plug in.

Best Cameras (8.0MP rear beats Revolution, 1.3MP front beats Charge)

I think the Revolution has a better camera even though it is 5MP vs 8. It seems to capture fainter detail better.

HTC Sense 2.0 (I think it's BA lol..especially compared to Samsung TouchWiz
and LG's Optimus)

Thunderbolt is the only of the three that has simultaneous voice + data over
3G (yes, 3G)[I actually could be wrong here, but I don't see the feature
on the other two]

I think the LR skin is fine. It is kind of nice to be able to categorize apps and stuff.

Don't know about the Simultaneous Voice and Data over 3G. That is petty cool if does. I'm in a 4G area and it is not a big issue.

The LG's screen is better than the the HTC IMO.

4ca8772a-0e22-7357.jpg

This was taken traveling on the I-10 passing through Palm Springs traveling 90 mph and yes the wind mill was rotating. The TB takes great shots.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MisterBill

Reaction score
So, because I had not seen this post (or this site) until just recently, I had not done any investigating of 4G phones (out of my price range), thus my knowledge is based solely on the ads I've seen. Based on a few minutes of reading reviews, it appears that the Thunderbolt has some serious battery issues, the Revolution is too heavy for many, and the Charge gets very good to excellent reviews and would appear to be the best (or at least safest) choice (for me, at least). Is there any chance that the Thunderbolt's battery problems get fixed and it goes to the head of the class? I would not mind an HTC phone if I knew that the battery issues would be a short term problem, but not if it never be fixed and I'll be stuck with it for 2 years.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Damn. lol

So let me get this straight. You are saying that I have to keep my new 4G phone is CONSTANT service on my line for 180 (or something like that) days?

I mean, what if your phone is stolen, what if it breaks or is bricked? Thing is, I switch phones pretty often, and plan on continuing switching back and forth...If I can.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So, because I had not seen this post (or this site) until just recently, I had not done any investigating of 4G phones (out of my price range), thus my knowledge is based solely on the ads I've seen. Based on a few minutes of reading reviews, it appears that the Thunderbolt has some serious battery issues, the Revolution is too heavy for many, and the Charge gets very good to excellent reviews and would appear to be the best (or at least safest) choice (for me, at least). Is there any chance that the Thunderbolt's battery problems get fixed and it goes to the head of the class? I would not mind an HTC phone if I knew that the battery issues would be a short term problem, but not if it never be fixed and I'll be stuck with it for 2 years.

You saw my post in this thread saying why the Thunderbolt is the best option. Battery is gonna generally suck no matter which phone you go with. But yes, the TB has the worst battery of the three statistically (1400mAh). I mean the differences aren't gonna be huge. Noticable? Probably. But not enough that I would go with a Samsung phone lol. Just personal preference.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, Verizon screwed up and gave me an upgrade on my line when I just signed a two year contract in December....So unless you're in that situation, you can only upgrade 4 months early and at a cost of $20 extra.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
By the way, here's what Amazon says on having to use the phone that you buy from them.

When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount from the carrier to you. This discount has been provided to you based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service for this device with the carrier, and (b) maintain this service in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If you do not activate or extend a line of service in connection with this device, or if your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 consecutive days, AmazonWireless.com will charge you $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.

In other words, as long as you don't cancel your contract and pay your bill, you can put whatever you want on that line you upgraded, including a 3G smartphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.