Manually Update to 2.0.1

Cloppy

Reaction score
this worked for me, i like the new lock screen and it seems to be alot smoother with the menus and stuff

ericejs15

Reaction score
Just updated, everything works fine except the sound when i type on the virtual keybaord? I went to settings and sound on keypress is checked off, but yet no sound? any suggestion!?? please help!

Justbags

Reaction score
Mine seemed to go okay... I noticed that when I woke up this morning I had 0 new emails... Which is impossible... So I hit the refresh button in settings and that fixed it... Another thing that happened is today about mid day (did update last night) all of my txts were gone... Every single one! I had a ton of threads! Very frustrating... No idea how that happened or why... settings are all set correctly to my liking...

bennyj

Reaction score
I did the update lastnight, ans so far everything has worked great! Facebook seems faster and I get notifications in the top bar instead of an email. So far so good.

Krish

Reaction score
all i can add to my original post is wow. This simple update really made the phone more responsive and alot less laggy on my phone im loving it. Until they fix the homescreen im going to use the Open home app since its much more smooth lol.

Drooling4Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Astro. I cannot mount my phone to my PC right now due to pet versus USB. It worked great and I am now up and running!

MikeAlphaBravo

Reaction score
Did the manual update this morning, around 4pm my Droid froze up for the first time (had not happened before in the 3 weeks I've had it)...wouldn't wake up or power off. Had to pull the battery. Other than that no problems.

windstrings

Reaction score
Did the manual update this morning, around 4pm my Droid froze up for the first time (had not happened before in the 3 weeks I've had it)...wouldn't wake up or power off. Had to pull the battery. Other than that no problems.

You may not have any more problems..... anytime you do a firmware update a good honest reboot is good....

similar to loading drivers in a computer... upon the first reboot "as the drivers are loading for the first time" the bootup is slow, but once you do a second reboot it seats in and boots for the first time with all the configurations in place and all is well.

Reaction score
Just did the update and wow. So much better. It is like pouring a ton of banana pudding on a cake...yum. Anyway, my handcent is not showing contact pictures again. Did that happen to anyone else?

MikeAlphaBravo

Reaction score
Here's hoping! Previously I had experienced none of the quirks others have, hope I didn't lose my good mojo by being to impatient to wait for my OTA update (the curse of the early adopter). :)

raven1911

Reaction score
I am one that had the bad echo in his phone and am happy to report I have made two calls and clarity and volume was much better on the receiving end and NO ECHO!:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
I am one that had the bad echo in his phone and am happy to report I have made two calls and clarity and volume was much better on the receiving end and NO ECHO!:icon_ banana:

That is amazing to hear..hear..hear..hear...

raven1911

Reaction score
Forgot to report as well, that the keyboard is so much better now. Also, Google maps has a lot more functions, but not sure if that was from the recent update on the market or from firmware update I did today. Everything is just faster and snappier, I am really happy!