Manually Update to 2.0.1

GadgetQueen

Reaction score
OK, decided to do the update. So far all is good. Had to reactivate the facebook but NOW it seems to be working better than even and I acually have Facebook notifications, never had them before. We will see if facebook updates correctly now.

smok1n

Reaction score
2.01 -- List of changes or new fatures?

Has anyone seen a comprehensive list showing what bug fixes or updates came with this new firmware? I know the camera "seems" to be working better on mine, and the browser "seems" laggy to some folks, but I sure would like to know for certain what went into the firmware.

RoMMz

Reaction score
It worked for me! Switching screens seems to be smoother now. I don't see it ghosting as bad. =)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a comprehensive list showing what bug fixes or updates came with this new firmware? I know the camera "seems" to be working better on mine, and the browser "seems" laggy to some folks, but I sure would like to know for certain what went into the firmware.

Read the following thread. Well the first posting. This will clear up SOME of it, but of course there are things that aren't on that list that were changed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ngs-fixes-thread-droid-2-0-1-ota-updates.html

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not getting audible alerts on my email. I just did a battery pull so we will see if that changes.

squish72

Reaction score
I also had a vzw tab in the app store and now its the download tab. I think it is a better change for me I always go to the downloads and never to the vzw tab. Searches show vzw apps still on the store just not in their own tab

Newton122189

Reaction score
I also had a vzw tab in the app store and now its the download tab. I think it is a better change for me I always go to the downloads and never to the vzw tab. Searches show vzw apps still on the store just not in their own tab

this whole download/verizon thing is bothering me

lschmitt

Reaction score
Ok not sure if it is the update or wireless. I have wireless in my office. Was working fine after I updated. Attempted to move the router, Droid was then unable to obtain address. Moved router back, still unable to obtain address???? Never had any problems before.
Droids are hard at work building SkyNet, they don't like it when you start moving "their" routers around. Next time you may get a shock.
lol, that's frickin' awesome!!

smok1n

Reaction score

Read the following thread. Well the first posting. This will clear up SOME of it, but of course there are things that aren't on that list that were changed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ngs-fixes-thread-droid-2-0-1-ota-updates.html

Thanks New2u!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Audible alerts are now working. I have to say that the only thing different I've noticed so far is the home screen, but I haven't made a phone call yet. I didn't notice anything wrong with the phone previously.

skinzzfan

Reaction score
Is it ok to delete the update.zip from my SD card once i upgrade to 2.0.1? or should i keep it...just in case.

windstrings

Reaction score
Is it ok to delete the update.zip from my SD card once i upgrade to 2.0.1? or should i keep it...just in case.

It won't go back accidently.. now that you have it, you have it.
I'm keeping mine in case I need to email it to someone.. once the update is old news, I'll delete it.

skinzzfan

Reaction score
I'm keeping mine in case I need to email it to someone.. once the update is old news, I'll delete it.
right right. i might hook a few friends up with 2.0.1

windstrings

Reaction score
right right. i might hook a few friends up with 2.0.1

FYI,
I had to email it from my computer via gmail... when I try from the droid it says it exceeds the file size limit for an attachment.