Make your case for Google+

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Google+ is out in Beta. I know several folks here use it and I want to know how and why.

I've read that the Google+ app is a battery hog. Is it? Do you prefer it over the facebook app? Why?

I'm not being a curmudgeon here. I'm a Facebook user and use it to keep up with my kids and the rest of the family. I also know I can connect the two accounts, I just don't see a reason to bother.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have google+, and while nice.. I don't see it ever replacing facebook like some people first predicted, kind of how Facebook beat out Myspace. It's not as user friendly, the app is definitely a battery hog as it seems to run full constant for some reason. May be a bug, I'm not sure. It's definitely nice and cool, but facebook is definitely more user friendly. And now that it has video chat, I don't see any reason why anyone would switch completely. Not to mention, not many people use it. I'm 18 and have told plenty of my friends about it and they're just like, "I'm not switching, nothing can beat facebook" and whatever else. I personally know no one that has an account. Just people I talk with on here and other forums.

If anything, I see it becoming a site for people like us to keep touch with.. friends we don't really know personally. Kind of like how a lot of people use Twitter.

Unless Google busts out some huge marketing campeign showing how much better it is and really selling it, I don't see it growing as popular as Facebook or Twitter.

JesterMX6

Reaction score
i use both facebook and google plus. i dont really prefer one over the other but i run both apps on my phone and get good battery life.

Endoroid

Reaction score
I think Google shot themselves in the foot with the invite only, I used it, I like the concepts in it, but had hardly anyone on it so gave up. Having to deal with invites was a turnoff to people.

Sent from my rooted xt860

Reaction score
In my experience, the google plus app is definitely not a battery hog. Heck, it hardly uses any battery at all. As for actually using google plus in general, I like it a lot. Maybe even better than facebook. The thing that's ruining it for me, and a lot of other people, is that not many in person friends of ours use it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mcgrunt42

Reaction score
Its still in beta. It will spread more when its released to public. I live the gui mu h more than facebook and facebook is getting cluttered and lost its coolness . Too much drama.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jpblock82

Reaction score
I love the look and the layout much better than facebook. The mobile app is great compared to all the fb mobile apps IMO, and my battery seems fine btw. I hope more and more start using it. Just today I've seen dozens of complaints about fb new desktop changes..

It really is an arms race to see who comes out on top, like blu-ray vs. Hd-dvd... only time will tell.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Needs to go public asap

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I definitely prefer the sharing method of Google + over Facebook. It's simple and easy and allows you to share content with only who you want (even making that content "unsharable" by others if you choose). It just moved in to BETA yesterday allowing anyone to join without needing an invite so I expect it's growth to jump very quickly.

It's nice that I can follow anyone (I don't need to be accepted as a friend) though I will only be able to see their "public" posts unless they add me to one of their circles which would then allow me to see all their "public" posts and posts to whatever circle they added me. If they don't post public...I don't see anything.

Plus you can actually edit your post without having to delete it and re-enter it.

JesterMX6

Reaction score
i retract my previous statement. I logged into facebook last night after posting and they AGAIN changed the layout of everything. Google+ wins hands down for nothing else but the simplistic and logical nature of it. like how facebook was when it first emerged.

i just wish it would take off and everyone would jump ship.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Google+ goes public the day Facebook does another one of its terrible updates...lol Coincidence?