Facebook/My Accounts Issue

Omneitic

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

When I try to add my facebook account under My Accounts, there are two facebook icons. The first Icon links with Motorola's social messaging app and I could care less about it as the Social Messaging app is pointless and normally I delete it anyway. However, the second facebook icon is the legit Facebook app and for some reason when I try to add my account there, I select the icon, and nothing happens. It worked before I flashed back to SBF 2.3.2 due to Google Music issues and GPS issues on Liberty.

The reason I want to add this account is because by doing so, it adds and syncs your facebook contacts to your regular phone contacts. This is a quick and efficient way for me to add people without having to manually add a contact for all 150+ folks I have on facebook.

I've trying flashing the SBF and wiping data twice now, even before I root it still does not work. I am wondering if this is a facebook app issue, a phone issue, or an issue with the SBF I'm flashing (I got it right here from DroidForums.net). If it is indeed a facebook issue, does anyone know of a place to install old apps, because I am only able to obtain the most recent version of the app. (I suspect this is the issue, because there have been numerous reports of errors/bugs with the most recent facebook update, I actually refused to update it when I had Liberty installed)

Thanks

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Over the year I have had the D2 the Facebook app has caused tons of problems such as you describe. Most of us no longer try to use the app on the phone and now just go to Facebook in our browsers, Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More. In a perfect world you would be able to sync your Facebook contacts to your Gmail account which would keep them synced to your phone automatically. But, I do not think it is not a perfect world yet because, last I checked Google will not import your facebook contacts.

TheLabRat

Reaction score
Potential Solution: Exporting: FaceBook Data & Importing Into GMail (The Long Road).

Here is my two pints..I have issues with the FaceBook App too, mine is even more trivial... From Settings -> Accounts -> FaceBook -> I fat fingered the keyboard and entered in an incorrect Username NOW the field is grayed out and I cannot edit it. Tried several ThirdParty FB Apps and no I get no edit rights to that field. So I go through the Browser like everyone else. Which brings me to your issue...

Getting away from FaceBook and spending more quality time on Google+ Kevin Rose recently posted this Chrome App/Extension which supposedly allows you to migrate data from FB to G+. I know that FaceBook has an Export/Download Profile feature and GMail has a Import/Export functionality as does the Droid2 (Motorola has a dedicated D@ Mail/Contacts Import/Export Help page) so it may take some creative thinking BUT it's easier to massage the data then batch input versus manually adding each and every record. You might lose the pics/avatars but I use Twitter to synch those on my Droid & I am working with about two hundred distinct contacts spread across Hotmail, Yahoo, Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn, FourSquare, RCN, etc.

Here is the link:
Facebook Friend Exporter
there are allot of comments, I suggest you read them.

I plan on taking this project on this Labor Day Weekend after I sort out an issue where my browser(s) "BookMark" file structures kept being duplicated and appended each time I logged into a different machine and using the Google Chrome Browser and a PAID Application called XMarks (interesting that it has specific instructions for Chrome Synch Settings and a DE-Duplicate feature that I totally ignored during the install - Doh!).

Hope this helps, I have some Google+ Invites if you need one send me a PM (Open Invite for anyone that finds this offer)
The cost is ONE Vote at: Http://About.Me/LabRat (Another fine Kevin Rose project)
(No registration required, but you may want to grab a free About.Me ID while you are there.)
there is a link to my email there, please put "Google Plus Invite Request" in the subject line and
I will respond as soon as I can.

HTH,
:pint:AdManTheLabRat:pint:​

TheLabRat

Reaction score
Potential Solution: Exporting: FaceBook Data & Importing Into GMail (The Long Road).

I have issues with the FaceBook App too, mine is even more trivial... From Settings -&gt; Accounts -&gt; FaceBook -&gt; I fat fingered the keyboard and entered in an incorrect Username NOW the field is grayed out and I cannot edit it. Tried several ThirdParty FB Apps and no I get no edit rights to that field. So I go through the Browser like everyone else. Which brings me to your issue...<br>
<br>
Getting away from FaceBook and spending more quality time on Google+ Kevin Rose recently posted this Chrome App/Extension which supposedly allows you to migrate data from FB to G+. I know that FaceBook has an Export/Download Profile feature and GMail has a Import/Export functionality as does the Droid2 (Motorola has a dedicated D@ Mail/Contacts Import/Export Help page) so it may take some creative thinking BUT it's easier to massage the data then batch input versus manually adding each and every record. You might lose the pics/avatars but I use Twitter to synch those on my Droid &amp; I am working with about two hundred distinct contacts spread across Hotmail, Yahoo, Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn, FourSquare, RCN, etc. <br>
<br>
Here is the link: <a href="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ficlccidpkaiepnnboobcmafnnfoomga" target="_blank">https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ficlccidpkaiepnnboobcmafnnfoomga</a> there are alot of comments, I suggest you read them. I plan on taking this project on this Labor Day Weekend after I sort out an issue where my browser(s) "BookMark" file structures kept being duplicated and appended each time I logged into a different machine and using the Google Chrome Browser and a PAID Application called XMarks (interesting that it has specific instructions for Chrome Synch Settings and a DE-Duplicate feature that I totally ignored during the install - Doh!).<br>
<br>
Hope this helps, I have some Google+ Invites if you need one send me a PM (Open Invite for anyone that finds this offer) The cost is one Vote at <a href="http://About.Me/LabRat" target="_blank">AdMan The Lab Rat (LabRat) on about.me</a> there is a link to my email there, please put "Google Plus Invite Request" in the subject line and I will respond as soon as I can.<br>
<br>
HTH,<br>
AdManTheLabRat

Barristro

Reaction score
In a perfect world you would be able to sync your Facebook contacts to your Gmail account which would keep them synced to your phone automatically.

In my perfect world, I could prevent my Droid from even attempting to sync with Facebook contacts. I absolutely loath the fact that I cannot make my contact photo be what I select, and instead am forced to have whatever Facebook photo was up when I initially made that person a contact.