Facebook/My Accounts Issue

Omneitic

Reaction score
When I was using a Liberty Rom, I as able to use My Accounts to add a Facebook account (after downloading and installing the Facebook app) that would sync my Facebook contacts with my Phone contacts. I recently needed to flash SBF due to some GPS navigation issues with Liberty. Since I have re-flashed, I am no longer able to add a Facebook account.

1. I downloaded and installed Facebook Application
2. I launch app drawer and go to Settings
3. I select Accounts
4. I tap the screen to select the Facebook icon (The actual facebook app icon one, not the moto blur social messaging icon one.)
5. The Facebook icon is highlighted and then nothing happens.

Steps I have already taken to fix:
1. Uninstall facebook and reinstall
2. Rooted for the heck of it, uninstalled facebook and reinstalled
3. Reflashed SBF and did steps 1 & 2 again

All in all, I do not know if this is a facebook error, a problem with my device, or both or neither. Any feedback would be appreciated. (I cannot use Liberty Rom because for some reason, my phone randomly reboots while using Google Navigate when I run a Liberty Rom).

Thanks!

OP
O

Omneitic

Reaction score
All in all, I have no idea what the issue was. I ended up going back to Liberty Gingerbread v .8 and using the Linear themed Facebook app. Now getting the message again that there's a newer version of FB available, but I can now sync my contacts. Makes me wonder if the new version of Facebook app simply disabled that feature for Droid 2. I am not looking forward to the days, which seem to be looming ahead soon, where the Droid 2 becomes somewhat obsolete. Maybe I will have an insurance accident and upgrade when they run out of the D2's.