1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Remove Facebook from My Accounts

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by YoJr, Feb 18, 2012.

1. YoJr

YoJr New Member

I noticed a month ago that the social networking app was not updating with new people I added on Facebook in my contacts. I went into the settings --> my accounts and tried removing my FB account but it gives me an access is denied error. I try updating the password to make sure that it wasn't the issue and it just stays on updating facebook information. I checked all my security in FB to make sure it wasn't something in there blocking it. I can successfully log into the facebook app so I know it isn't something there. I would like to just remove it out of the social networking account and use the facebook app but it is not letting me. I do not have a rooted phone and DO NOT want to root it. I also am hoping that I don't have to reset the phone settings to do this as I don't want to go through the pain of readding all of my apps and work data. Thank you for the help.
  2. YoJr

YoJr New Member

Hmmm... I thought there might be some sort of suggestion by now. Take it no one else has had a problem with this. Looks like a phone reset might be in my future.
  3. cgh

cgh New Member

Same Problem

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried to remove my Twitter and Facebook accounts and were given a similar error.
  4. jbat70

jbat70 New Member

also have same problem - Remove Facebook from My Accounts

I am having the same issue. I get access denied when trying to remove fb account. everything was working fine and then all of a sudden, it said the fb password or user name was incorrect. I never changed it but it wont let me update (just says updating facebook services but nothing changes. I tried soft battery removal, cant get fb removed or back working again.. help!!!
  5. jadk1432

jadk1432 New Member

remove facebook

I am also unable to remove my facebook account from my droid 2. I get the incorrect password error even though I have not changed it. Someone should be able to tell us how to fix this.
  6. Karyn12508

Karyn12508 New Member

To get Facebook out of your accounts first you have to uninstall you Facebook app completely. Then go to your accounts and remove the account. otherwise it will continue to say access denied.
  7. TigerMc

TigerMc New Member

HOW do I uninstall the Facebook App? I've searched the internet but everything says to touch the UNINSTALL tab . . . but uninstall never comes up as an option for me. This is probably a stupid question, but is clearing the cache or clearing data the same? I'm afraid to do either of those.
  8. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I could be wrong but I believe that the Razr MAXX has Facebook preinstalled and can not be removed without rooting. The best you can do is disable it through settings. If you are having issues with it you can try the options you mentioned, force close it, and then see if it is working.
  9. TigerMc

TigerMc New Member

uninstalling FB

It's not so much that I'm having trouble with Facebook, but I'm having trouble with holding onto the gps signal, as well as poor signal strength in general, despite my husband's and friends' (Verizon & Droid) phones having strong signals when I barely have one at all. I rarely have more than 1 bar, and even more rarely have 4G. GPS signal drops about every 20 seconds, making it pretty much useless, whether for navigation or tracking cycling workouts.
    I've read others' posts that say removing Facebook helps. And since I find Facebook more annoying than anything else, I'm happy to give that a try.
  10. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh, OK. Have not heard anything about that to comment on whether or not it will help, but if you are not using Facebook then disabling it should be something good to try out.

Let me know how it goes.
Search tags for this page
android can't remove facebook account
android error removing facebook account
android remove facebook account
error removing facebook account droid razr
how to delete facebook account on driod
how to delete facebook from droid x2
how to delete facebook off droid x2
how to delete facebook threads on droid razr
how to uninstall facebook from account motorola
howdo u delete a facebook account from a droid phone