Major problem with my 1.0.0 as of Friday.......any help???

phatneff

Reaction score
I'm having a major issue with my droid right now. Not sure if it's due to 1.0.0 or not. Since Friday, all of a sudden something is constantly running that drains my full battery in about 30-45 minutes. The phone/CPU gets extremely hot and constantly tries to reboot. I have not installed anything new and when I'm able to look at what's draining the battery, it just says Phone Idle is the majority of the usage. I backed it up when I was able to and reinstalled the ROM, but it's still doing the same thing. I got a new battery today thinking that was the issue, but it's still doing the same thing. Any suggestions other than wiping and reinstalling the ROM?

Not only that, but before this even happened, sometimes it would lock up and reboot on it's own, but it didn't reboot only once..............it would reboot a minimum of three times before it would be stable enough to use. That happened since UD 7.0, but just dealt with it. Now it's getting really old, especially since this battery issue is happeing. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me? Any help?

I've seen some people mention battery recalibrating, but I don't think that will help my multiple reboot problem.

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Have you tried switching your kernel? If your phone doesn't like the kernel it can cause reboots and other problems.

OP
phatneff

phatneff

Reaction score
It's the stock kernel that came with 1.0.0. It's never done this since I upgraded to 1.0.0 when it came out on October 11. Now, all of a sudden since Friday, it's doing it. I've changed nothing that day. Just took it off the charger from overnight and then it just began dramatically draining.

OP
phatneff

phatneff

Reaction score
And the previous system reboots were also with the stock kernel of UD 8.0. Any specific kernel you suggest? I've had Chevy's 1.25 ULV and LV in the phone before but it definitely didn't like those (nor the 1.2 and 1.1).

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I am using chevy lv 1.0. I used p3droids 1.1 before this one and worked well. Try p3droids kernels. Also when this rom is applied it is automatically set to overclock to max with a seperate cpu control. If you're using setcpu you need to disable the other settings or they will not work properly.

OP
phatneff

phatneff

Reaction score
I am using chevy lv 1.0. I used p3droids 1.1 before this one and worked well. Try p3droids kernels. Also when this rom is applied it is automatically set to overclock to max with a seperate cpu control. If you're using setcpu you need to disable the other settings or they will not work properly.

I have the UD1.0 overclocking option turned off while I use SetCPU.

Do you have a link for the P3droid kernels?

OP
phatneff

phatneff

Reaction score
New kernels still didn't help. Any other suggestions?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd definitely do a wipe and reinstall. Sounds like something got corrupted during one of your random reboots. Worst case, flash back to stock and see if the problem persists.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very true and should go without saying...make sure you're wiping