Major problem with my 1.0.0 as of Friday.......any help???

OP
phatneff

phatneff

Reaction score
Very true and should go without saying...make sure you're wiping

No, it shouldn't go without saying. The latest UD ROMS didn't need wiping when flashing to a new ROM. UD 1.0.0 worked just fine until last Friday for some reason, and I did nothing new to it. So my thinking was that maybe there was just some glitch in the ROM but not the data or cache or the kernel. I was trying whatever I could before having to wipe. Needless to say, when I did wipe AND installed a different kernel, it's working better than before. Usually, I would have battery drainage by bedtime. Since wiping and reflashing yesterday, I still haven't had to charge and it's at 40% now.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

No, it shouldn't go without saying. The latest UD ROMS didn't need wiping when flashing to a new ROM. UD 1.0.0 worked just fine until last Friday for some reason, and I did nothing new to it. So my thinking was that maybe there was just some glitch in the ROM but not the data or cache or the kernel. I was trying whatever I could before having to wipe. Needless to say, when I did wipe AND installed a different kernel, it's working better than before. Usually, I would have battery drainage by bedtime. Since wiping and reflashing yesterday, I still haven't had to charge and it's at 40% now.

if you were having the problems you're describing and people are telling you to reflash it should go without saying that you need to wipe. what would be the point of reflashing over a broken ROM? whatevers causing the issue will still be there.

OP
phatneff

phatneff

Reaction score

if you were having the problems you're describing and people are telling you to reflash it should go without saying that you need to wipe. what would be the point of reflashing over a broken ROM? whatevers causing the issue will still be there.

Not trying to argue here, but how would I know it was a broken ROM if it was working before? How would I know it was some data or cache if nothing new occurred prior to the problem? Therefore, like I said, I was trying everything possible BEFORE the last resort of wiping. It's a pain in the ass to reassemble the screens like they were before wiping, so I was trying to avoid that as long as possible, hoping something else would work............including reflashing the ROM by laying it over what was already there...............kind of like reinstalling a piece of software on a PC because a file got corrupted. But this isn't like a PC now, is it?

scubasteve101

Reaction score
Format your SD card.

I had this issue about 6 months ago; used multiple ROMs, always wiping data/cache when installing and the problem continued. One of my files on my SD must have been corrupt because formatting it fixed the problem for sure.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Not trying to argue here, but how would I know it was a broken ROM if it was working before? How would I know it was some data or cache if nothing new occurred prior to the problem? Therefore, like I said, I was trying everything possible BEFORE the last resort of wiping. It's a pain in the ass to reassemble the screens like they were before wiping, so I was trying to avoid that as long as possible, hoping something else would work............including reflashing the ROM by laying it over what was already there...............kind of like reinstalling a piece of software on a PC because a file got corrupted. But this isn't like a PC now, is it?

haha no man i'm not arguing trust me. i agree. i hate wiping and it's a pain in the ass absolutely. i just meant that if you tried other things like new kernels then wiping and reinstalling from scratch is the only bet. the ROM is not a piece of software, it's the entire OS. So its not like reinstalling software on a PC...but i'm sorry if i came across as a jerk, didn't mean to

gujupmp88

Reaction score
pretty much what everyone is saying is this. if there is something wrong with you phone, and no other person is having that problem, its not the ROM's fault, it is something on your phone that is having the problem. if you just reflash your phone with the same ROM, but do not wipe, it won't fix anything because all of you data(corrupt and non corrupt) is still on your phone. so no matter how many times you reflash it, it will still have the same problem, regardless if you flash another ROM version, another ROM altogether or the same ROM.

to conclude, if you are having a problem with your phone that is out of the norm, especially one as severe as yours, and no one is having the same problem, you HAVE to wipe.