Major Issues with my RAZR

ershipley

Reaction score
Okay, where to begin?
First, since the ICS update my battery drains so fast it's not even worth the trouble anymore. It drains about 5% every 10 minutes and THAT'S WHEN I'M NOT EVEN USING IT! I have tried different things like removing all widgets from screens, got the badass battery monitor which tells me that it's my screen and media using my battery. shut off the media, still draining. Not sure how the screen is draining when I'm not using the phone. I'm at my witts end. Phone was fine on Gingerbread.

Okay, now the other problem. Because of the battery issue, I have done two factory resets to try and figure the problem out. first time it was fine. After I rebooted the phone, all of my apps, music and pics began appearing slowly. Battery was still draining but at least I didn't lose anything. This time around I had to reinstall all of my apps and my music and pics will not show up. they ARE in my phone because I checked by plugging it into my usb and saw all the files are still in there, but they will not show up in my pic or music galleries at all.

I'm redy to chuck this damn thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
E

ershipley

Reaction score
Oh yes, and my battery runs very hot even when my phone is just sitting

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm going to move this thread to the smartphone battery discussions section so it gets the attention it deserves.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
On folks, got another one for you! Lets see if we can't get this guy's phone back on track, ok? :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
Hrmmm, Try removing the sd card, hopefully it's this easy hehe

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Hrmmm, Try removing the sd card, hopefully it's this easy hehe

And if that does work, you may have a corrupt file on the card that is triggering the media process. At that point I would back up the critical files that you want from the card and reformat it.

OP
E

ershipley

Reaction score
tried removing and reinserting card. no luck. am backing up files to PC now then going to reformat card but now i noticed that most of my contacts are gone also. i'm livid.