Stop phone from overcharging

nothing_kills

Reaction score
From my many searches, all I read is that newer phones have code to keep them from overcharging. My android razar maxx is plugged in 24/7 because all I use it for is tethering. After a year or so of doing this, I realized my razar is now fat because the battery has become fat from constant charging. Although the phone works fine and the battery appears to have its original life, will this eventually ruin my battery and/or my phone? Is there an application to prevent overcharging? If not, at what percentage drain should I start charging?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It will not only ruin the battery but the bulge could cause it to leak and ruin the phone as well. Bulging battery is not unique to leaving it plugged in 24/7 but you have a potentially serious problem.

OP
N

nothing_kills

Reaction score
leeshor,
thank you for you information. You make a good point about the leaking. Money is an object, in my case and "battery doctor" gives my battery excellent health with 5 out of 5 stars. So, how big a risk would you say i'm taking by NOT replacing the battery?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You're taking a huge risk. Just because the batteries outputting the proper voltage doesn't mean it won't burst. Then it's going to cost you some serious money.

Axium

Reaction score
You could also get hurt. I've heard one guy died from using a phone when the battery exploded. Scary stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

aristo1963

Reaction score
A swollen lipo battery is an explosion and fire hazard.A replacement maxx battery can be had on ebay for 40-90 dollars (I bought one for 40)
They are easy to replace. Just google lipo fires a battery caught fire in a packing case coming from china.The 747 crashed which was the direct cause of
lipo federal shipping regulation changes.