Need some help its annoying the h3// out of me.

nathan56989

Reaction score
I'm running UD 3.3.0. I've tried many kernels here lately and they all lead to a lot of heat. I've tried ulv, lv, and kernels that are hardwired to the power grid of my city. All of which lead to very high CPU temps. I also have the problem where the battery charges extremely fast (should be happy right? Uh no.) It also discharges very fast no matter the use. At the same time however it would probably stay in standby mode without a charge for a month aas long as nothing disturbes it such as a text, call, email, ect.....
Today strange things started happening. I reboot my phone daily just for the simple fact I've four d that some of these bugs that happen, happen if the phone hasn't been rebooted for a while (I.e. a few days.). When I rebooted it tonight the temp sky rockets (oh and by the way I've never actually watched or looked at the actual temp sorry). The phone is unresponsive and everytime in the past after a reboot launcher pro force closes before it will work. Back to today. After the last reboot and force close, when opening the app drawer it opens but has nothing in it. Can anyone help me with any of this or is this one of the too bad issues?

Thanks everyone, most of you are geniuses (not being a smart @$$ either) so I'm sure I will get something fixed if not all of it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Have you tried a sv kernel? Sounds like you have a tempermental phone like mine, I have a heck of a time trying to find a kernel that stays some what cool. What kernel are you using right now? Your battery issue might be fixed by wiping the battery stats in recovery. When you installed the rom did you do a complete wipe of everything? Also, did you do any restoring with titanium?

OP
N

nathan56989

Reaction score
I'm using JDLFG LITHMOD. It seems to be the best of all the necessary evils. I've reset the battery history recently, and it didn't change anything. I guess I should have said I wiped (I still laugh everytime that's asked and everytime I have to type it. Immature I know.) Multiple times before I installed this rom. As for titanium backup. No I just let Google do that for me. I used to use astro then realized Google does it for me. Or some kind of magic does it for me if its not Google.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I assume u are on UD ? if so which version/release? but u are using a jdlfg kernel? if thats correct I to would advise trying a different kernel & start with a medium or standard voltage kernel, in addition in your case especially i would look for a kernel that has "time in state" stats enabled, so you are able to review that info in trying to track down the problems....as im typing i keep thinking of more things, you see if u are on the newest release of UD 3.3.1 u may have problems trying to find an up to date compatible kernel but for the stock one it comes with.....if u are on a different release u should be able to find a kernel, i know chevys & cvpcs kernels both supply the debugging stats, and make sure to first try a medium or standard voltage and when if u flash a differnet kernel do this, when u reboot into recovery, before u flash the kernel wipe both the cache partition & the dalvic cache, then flash the kernel, it will takea little longer for ur phone to boot after doing that so dont panic.......but if your on UD 3.3.1 i would first probably start from scratch, because honestly with 3.3.1 i dont think i have heard of anyone having any issues with the stock kernel....

what rom & rom release are u running & what recovery (clockwork, spr, raidzero or?)

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Hahah...im a retard, i just reread your firs post & saw u posted your on UD 3.3.0....so both a chevy or cvpcs kernel should work with ya, I know they both worked fine on my droid when i was running 3.3.0.....just try as i suggested above..

OP
N

nathan56989

Reaction score
I haven't even seen a release of 3.3.1 on here yet. I will try the kernels you suggested but I have my doubts. The kernel that came with 3.3.0 was raidzeros kernel, and I've tried all of his. I've tried chev's in the past but not the other you suggested so I'll start with that one. I'll let you know if anything is different. Yea I know about the long boot after flashing a rom or kernel I'm not that new to it anymore. Although when I first flashed a rom I freaked thinking I bricked because it took so long to boot. I quit using clockwork. Rom manager is a joke in my opinion. They try to get money from you to upgrade to get the full features and don't really give developers anything, when I can donate directly to developers. I've been thinking of the raidzero recovery but I've been using Apr for so long it seems like it would be like relearning the alphabet again only to get the same knowledge. Kinda redundant. The only thing different is you don't have to rename thing update.zip which isn't that big of a deal to me.