Highest temps witnessed?

azules9780

Reaction score
So today I installed a new BB rom and OC'd to 1.3GhzLV. Well I haven't setup titanium backup yet so I was going along downloading all of my old apps to back to my phone pretty much as fast as I could. Anyway, I had probably 25 apps downloaded or downloading and instaling with quite a few more to go. My phone started boot looping, sometimes it would actually make it to the homescreen and I would try to pull up settings so I could look at what was going on. Anyway, i was never able to do it. I pulled the battery a couple of times and it still kept boot looping. I noticed it was getting hot to touch. I finally pulled the battery for about 60 seconds. That stopped the endless boot looping.

I checked the temp and saw a registered 162 degrees farenheit. Now this happened while I had the bodyglove case on for awhile before I started trying to pull the battery. I pulled the battery cover off , pulled the battery out and stuck it all in the freezer for a few minutes.

I then wiped all of the moisture off after removal and rebotted. Everything was fine. I started to download all of my apps at a slower pace. No force closes and reboots. Phone runs great! And with all my crap running, I was able to benchmark at 10.7mflops so I'm happy with that and good to go

So 162, i can vouch and say I was scared for a moment(fried phone and all) but the phone will work again after reaching that temp. Is 162 the highest verified temp reached by a novice user?

projectrang

Reaction score
That's pretty crazy high temps. That's 72 celsius. Ive seen mine hit 61 or 62 before rebooting itself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
Yeah dude, once I realized how it was I was sh*ttin' bricks! But it's still good. I also noticed I reached 50c pretty quickly while playing a game. I raised my failsafe to 55c and still no issues but I haven't played any games really with it changed to that. We shall see.

Dustinmj

Reaction score
I am the developer behind TempMonitor, if it matters:

High is 65c for proc... based on input I've received from every angle...

I've seen a guy push his upwards of 85c... but don't recommend it....

basically, if your bat is reading above 50c and you're upwards of 65c on your proc... time to start dumbing it down a bit... really... or fry some eggs.

-Dustin

Dustinmj

Reaction score
Note that the above is based on average temps...

Moto temps for this cpu range much higher than stated above... these are just comfortable ranges that I can live with (me)... Moto specs this proc higher than 85c, for instance... but I've never seen anyone get it there...

Moto specs the battery at 45c... but that's a low-ball figure..

-Dustin