M I rooted or have I just screwed the pooch?

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I decided to route my droid X to run a custom ROM to see if my battery life would improve. I am running 2.3.3 version 603.I found the droid 3 one click program and got it all the way to where it said I could click out of the green control screen. Then I read if you were already running superuser you had to go 2.2 with an SPF file.so I downloaded the RSD lite file got it set up with my phone and tried to apply this file: VRZ MB810 2.3.3.4 1FF. 01 sbf. it failed to deploy in RSD.

I decided to see if setCPU would work. It was granted superuser status.I actually got it to recognize a faster overclock.

I downloaded a couple of custom ROMs. I don't know how to open them. Am I just in the twilight zone? Am I rooted?

I was able to route my droid 1OG without much trouble. while I am no newbie, I am nowhere near intermediate level for all this stuff.

Thanks so much,

Jim

SimplexMango

Reaction score
Two ways to see if you are rooted.

1.) Superuser Permissions (if you have it, you're rooted)

2.) If you want to double check download Root Checker app from the market and run it. It will tell you if you have root access.

The first thing you should do to your phone after root is create a nandroid and backup your apps. Be careful flashing roms without these things in place :)

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I am definitely rooted. I just can't get clockwork to flash into recovery for me. I have already posted another thread about that.

Strange.

I was able to backup my present ROM.

Thanks so much,

Jim

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I was advised to try a droid 2 bootstrap. I did and that fixed the problem.

Thanks so much,

Jim