Lost mobile data capability

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Do you have public wifi or something? It's showing a connection, which is strange.

I installed gsam to see more data on my usage.

GSam Battery Monitor - Android Apps on Google Play
No, the connection you are seeing from the icon is where my phone picked up my home's when I got home (the timing of the screen shot).
I am downloading the app now. Maybe that'll help figure something out.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I bet you'll see when wifi is on 100% of the time it uses a lot of battery. Try turning it on/off when you need it/don't.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I turned off wifi and am charging my phone -- 1% to go. I have unlimited data, but try to be courteous and use wifi when I'm in a trusted area.
Thanks, guys! We'll see how this does over the next couple of days.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is one other thing to check / turn off, that seems to help drain battery. Settings > Location > 3 Dot Menu > Scanning > Turn WiFi Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning to Off. With those turned On I noticed that WiFi was showing up in my battery stats a lot even though my WiFi is always Off. Once I turned those Off, WiFi no longer shows up in my battery usage stats. I leave my Location Settings set to High Accuracy, but WiFi & BT Scanning = Off. The phone uses GPS and Cell signal for location data and I have never had an issue finding my Location and have seen better battery life.

Screenshot_20160714-095725.png

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Here is one other thing to check / turn off, that seems to help drain battery. Settings > Location > 3 Dot Menu > Scanning > Turn WiFi Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning to Off. With those turned On I noticed that WiFi was showing up in my battery stats a lot even though my WiFi is always Off. Once I turned those Off, WiFi no longer shows up in my battery usage stats. I leave my Location Settings set to High Accuracy, but WiFi & BT Scanning = Off. The phone uses GPS and Cell signal for location data and I have never had an issue finding my Location and have seen better battery life.

View attachment 76737

AWESOME! I had looked for something like this in my settings (turned off on my Bionic and Maxx), but didn't see it anywhere -- didn't think to look under "location", I guess), so thought it was no longer an option. Yes, that should definitely slow the drain a bit! Thank you for that!

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Happy Friday, all!
I figured out the problem with battery drain while charging while driving. It was the cable. I switched out the cable that runs over to my phone from the charger for another yesterday and I watched the battery charge increase while running Waze and iHeart Radio on my drive home last night.
Sooooo, the battery drain is fixed and I am beyond thrilled with my BlueTooth setup -- thanks to @sajokaz for that suggestion. My data works while on the phone, so I'm officially comfy/cozy with my new-to-me T2! :D
One more thing.... I can't remember which forum or thread this was discussed in, but wanted to direct this to sajokaz. I think I must have fiddled with a setting somewhere on my phone, but now, as soon as I get in my truck and plug it in (while still parked), it automatically goes into drive mode (just like back in the Maxx days -- so, somehow, it's still possible! :cool:
Hope y'all have a great weekend and stay safe!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Awesome...glad things are working much better for you! You are welcome for the BT kit recommendation, glad you like it also. I think it was this thread that I mentioned that kit will trigger Driving Mode automatically. Thanks for sharing the good news & feedback.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Awesome...glad things are working much better for you! You are welcome for the BT kit recommendation, glad you like it also. I think it was this thread that I mentioned that kit will trigger Driving Mode automatically. Thanks for sharing the good news & feedback.

Oh! And I figured out why my sweet lady on Okay Google wasn't hearing/responding to me. I was yelling out of habit from my previous set ups and the mic on this is so sensitive I can actually just talk normal... Imagine that!
My next road trip should be smooth sailing!

I'm curious as to what @cr6 thinks of theirs. I'm pretty sure that's who ordered one the same time I did....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh! And I figured out why my sweet lady on Okay Google wasn't hearing/responding to me. I was yelling out of habit from my previous set ups and the mic on this is so sensitive I can actually just talk normal... Imagine that!
My next road trip should be smooth sailing!

I'm curious as to what @cr6 thinks of theirs. I'm pretty sure that's who ordered one the same time I did....
He has a Sammy phone, so the Bluetooth kit probably doesn't work for him...still trying to make it pair.

Just kidding, just kidding...he always teases me about Moto phones, gotta get a jab in there when I can. Hopefully it's working out good for him also, if he did buy one.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yes, I believe he gave me a couple of little nudges when I went with the Maxx AND my T2. The good news for him is, the spawn who recently reappeared on the forums is the one seriously considering breaking away from Moto, so he has someone who might actually heed his advice.
I am curious as to what he thinks about the BT. I've tried numerous things, but the noise in my FJ has always been an issue to callers. This has been wonderful!