Lost 3G.. for good?

hoosiercub

Reaction score
Ok, So far I've been loving this phone, no hiccups, no reboots, no problems and loving the battery life.

I live in a 3G only area so I have the phone set to CDMA only all the time. Last night I was having a chat on Google Talk and my 3G dropped, I figured, meh, it's just gonna need a reboot or let it sit for a while to come back. Well it sure didn't.. that was 12 hours ago from posting this. I've tried every toggle known to man, reboots, etc.. Nothing will give me my 3G back. Can someone please help me to prevent from having to call Verizon and go through all the reboot your phone, return to factory settings crap. Then end up with a factory like-new phone when my phone isn't even a month old yet.

It isn't a network issue, there are others on Verizon here locally not having any problems at all. I can still call/txt just fine and use WiFi. I'm just not getting any 3G radio action it seems.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Ok, So far I've been loving this phone, no hiccups, no reboots, no problems and loving the battery life.

I live in a 3G only area so I have the phone set to CDMA only all the time. Last night I was having a chat on Google Talk and my 3G dropped, I figured, meh, it's just gonna need a reboot or let it sit for a while to come back. Well it sure didn't.. that was 12 hours ago from posting this. I've tried every toggle known to man, reboots, etc.. Nothing will give me my 3G back. Can someone please help me to prevent from having to call Verizon and go through all the reboot your phone, return to factory settings crap. Then end up with a factory like-new phone when my phone isn't even a month old yet.

It isn't a network issue, there are others on Verizon here locally not having any problems at all. I can still call/txt just fine and use WiFi. I'm just not getting any 3G radio action it seems.

I wouldn't want to hang onto that one... take it back to Verizon (or wherever you got it) and show them how it doesn't get any data signal... and ask for a new one in the box to replace it.

I had to go through that, but hey, for $300, its not unreasonable to demand something that works. The Verizon folks know this.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just as well do a Factory Hard Reset before you take it back to Verizon. That's one of the first things they are going to do. Better to know for sure whether or not that fixes it. Make sure you have menu/settings/privacy/Backup My Data and Automatic Restore checked. And if you are using an alternate Launcher, check in it's preferences whether it has a backup/restore option.

Good luck.

portermac

Reaction score
Like I said try pulling Sim before a factory reset. If it works like it did for me you will be much happier than doing a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dumbass

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem with my Bionic but only at home. The other night I lost 4g and 3g at my house, my wife's droidx still has good 3g. The next morning I still had no 4g or 3g, so I headed out to a verizon store, and once I was a few blocks away from my house my 4g returned. I now have 4g or 3g as long as I'm not at my house. Hopefully the November update fixes this issue. I don't want to trade my phone for a "like" new unit.

portermac

Reaction score
An update is coming but if it happens again just toggle airplane mode off and on, that should get service back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums