3G/4G Network Switch Problems

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues when switching between 3G and 4G? I am finding that when I toggle between them the phone won't pick the 3G signal back up.

EDITED: I think I have found the problem. For some reason LTE Switch app seems to cause a problem. Others are having this issue on their Bionics, and, if you read the reviews, this is a reported problem on other devices as well. My recommendation: DO NOT DOWNLOAD LTE SWITCH.

stevo95

Reaction score
yes, I have exactly the same problem. I stopped switching 4G off, I am scared that the signal wont come back. I did it yesterday and it was almost 4-6 hours before it sorted itself out after a few times switching the phone on/off and switching between 3G and 4G.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
No issue here, although I was not turning it off in settings... just driving in and out of 4G service all day yesterday. It automatically switched fine. Will be testing turning off 4G at some point, as it is not available at my house.

jc

lilhill

Reaction score
I passed between 3G and 4G service a few times today and after each switch, I lost the data connection. Neither rebooting the phone nor toggling the data connection helped and it wasn't until I popped the battery and powered back on that the data connection was restored.

bionictk

Reaction score
May I ask what your opinion is for running the phone on CDMA only? I don't live in a 4G area, so this is what I have checked. However, I am having issues getting connectivity coming off my network extender at home, and switching between.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
May I ask what your opinion is for running the phone on CDMA only? I don't live in a 4G area, so this is what I have checked. However, I am having issues getting connectivity coming off my network extender at home, and switching between.

if you're not in an LTE area then turn off the LTE radio.. it'll save you a ton of battery life.
you'll just have to remember to switch back to LTE if you go someplace that has coverage.. if you want.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
I passed between 3G and 4G service a few times today and after each switch, I lost the data connection. Neither rebooting the phone nor toggling the data connection helped and it wasn't until I popped the battery and powered back on that the data connection was restored.

Wow, that has to be frustrating. I think I would check with verizon about that, not sure how that would be hardware, but something its wrong. I went through 3g and 4g again this morning with no problem, so it seems it CAN work.

Good luck!

jc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Impact9

Reaction score
I work in a 4G area but live on the edge where it flips back and fourth between the two. I've noticed when on my
WIFI it will not always download data till I get back on the network by disabling wifi. Phone seems confused about where it's getting data from.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

m@tt

Reaction score
Seems ever since Verizon enable way to switch from CDMA and LTE/CDMA the program LTE light stop working. I just keep my on CMDA to save battery life.

trib

Reaction score
I cannot get 3G or 4G LTE currently. Even removing/replacing battery doesn't help. Same problem all over town... Doesn't look like its just 4G.
However, aside from this problem, which only started this evening, I have also been seeing the switching back-and-forth problem and even had the phone start getting very sluggish and force quitting system apps and such after switching back and forth. May even be an overheating issue as I've noticed the phone gets very warm after using data connection continuously for more than a few minutes.

BuckyN8

Reaction score
Seems ever since Verizon enable way to switch from CDMA and LTE/CDMA the program LTE light stop working. I just keep my on CMDA to save battery life.
I do the same thing. Never really use 4G to conserve battery life.