Looks Like there is Some Verizon Bloatware on The Galaxy Nexus!!!!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Looks Like there may be Verizon Bloatware on The Galaxy Nexus!!!!

VZWSGNBloat.jpg
Source

mzjin

Reaction score
VZ backup is fairly useless but My Verizon is useful for keeping track of your account (unless you pay automatically and have unlimited everything).

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Who cares? Root the thing and get rid of it.

As far as bloat I see a lot more then just that. Mainly:

Books
Earth
Video
G+ if you're not on it

Again. Who cares. Most people are going to root and ROM it within the first hour.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ That's Google "bloat", though. Nothing you wouldn't expect a Nexus device to have.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
^^^^^^ That's Google "bloat", though. Nothing you wouldn't expect a Nexus device to have.

True, but bloats bloat with me. Personally, if it can be downloaded in the market there is no need to preinstall it on the phone. If I want it I'll go looking for it.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
This has been known for a while now. Not that big of a deal unless it's the reason for this newest internal delay.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
True, but bloats bloat with me. Personally, if it can be downloaded in the market there is no need to preinstall it on the phone. If I want it I'll go looking for it.

Ok, next phone won't have anything... We can sideload the market and install apps then. ;)

By your standards though, it has less bloat than the iPhone! ;P look at all it comes with, voice recorder, notepad, browser, music store, compass... Holy cow... My Nexus will have less bloat than an iPhone! ;)

And on a side note. I'm surprised this didn't get posted yet. I was going to post it but didn't have a chance, good post! :p

spdivr1122

Reaction score
This isn't bloat. Its two apps people use frequently. I personally don't, but it'd nothing to freak out about.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Tas

Reaction score
Are we sure that we wont be able to uninstall those files. To me i consider anything i cant uninstall without rooting "bloatware".