Bloatware on the Nexus?

cturcotte224

Reaction score
View attachment 42630

It looks like Verizon was able to get some bloatware on the Nexus after all. According to an article at gottabemobile.com(via Droid-Life), the Nexus will have Backup Assistant and My Verizon Mobile installed on the phone. The apps were spotted on the recent official Samsung videos showcasing the Nexus. Hopefully these apps will be easy to remove. Here is the full story:
Verizon Sneaks Bloatware Onto Galaxy Nexus

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
We knew these two apps would be included since the apk leak a month ago. No biggie, you'll be able to remove them no problem.

Sent from my Droid

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Not much of a concern for me either.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
That's nothing to me. Aslong as they don't install things like VZ Navigator, Blockbuster, or game demos I'm fine. I actually use the My Verizon app to check my bill and other stuff.

OP
C

cturcotte224

Reaction score
This was the first I had heard about it, I missed the apk leak apparently. As guess it could be worse.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
One of the features of ICS is that it allows the user to block apps (so they don't run on boot). I'm wondering if this feature has made it past Verizon and whether the feature can be used on the apps that come with the phone.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could probably remove them anyways. But like another user said, My Verizon is actually a pretty useful app. I use it all the time on my Bionic.

nbucko

Reaction score
One of the features of ICS is that it allows the user to block apps (so they don't run on boot). I'm wondering if this feature has made it past Verizon and whether the feature can be used on the apps that come with the phone.

I hope they figured that a majority of the people who buy this phone will do so solely because it looks cool and will have no desire to learn the inner workings of ics. And will therefore not realize that they can prevent it from running at boot so verizon can leave that feature there and able to work on these apps.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Seriously I'm not going to ***** over two apps. the rezound probably has 10 bloat apps.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk