Looking for an Escape from Droid Pro

Coug88

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was a former bb user who was duped into getting a droid pro by $ at Verizon. I bought my phone 7 months ago and am at wits end. A couple of questions, 1) What is best way to get new smart phone without paying full retail? What are my option since I am still under contract. 2) What are some cost effective alternatives in the Droid world that don't have issues like the Pro? Thanks, Ty

MadBlackLady

Reaction score
Have you tried....talking to anyone other than the droidforum? That's where I'd start. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Don't know if this is an option for you but you can add a new line to your acct, for an extra $9.99 a month and be able to get a new phone for discounted new contract price then transfer your phone # to that new line/phone. That's if someone is going to use the new line that is, otherwise it would be a waste.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buying a phone off EBay or Craigslist is another option.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yep, eBay and Costco are good options.

Also try Swappa.com

badcat

Reaction score
Another option might be to buy a phone at Verizon and trade in the Pro. When I dumped Sprint I traded in my EVO and got enough to cover my ETF. If the phone works and the display is functional you should be good to go. It's worth a look. Here's a link.

https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/home.aspx

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another option might be to buy a phone at Verizon and trade in the Pro. When I dumped Sprint I traded in my EVO and got enough to cover my ETF. If the phone works and the display is functional you should be good to go. It's worth a look. Here's a link.

https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/home.aspx

I believe you have to own the phone first, which the OP does not...AFAIK

badcat

Reaction score
I believe you have to own the phone first, which the OP does not...AFAIK
Meaning they haven't fulfilled their contract obligation? If they traded up to a new phone Verizon would take the Pro back without issuing any sort of credit? I'm not entirely certain how it would work in this situation. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to talk to a Verizon rep. All I know is that when I switched from Sprint to Verizon I traded in my EVO and got a nice chunk of change. It was painless and I got the gift card in the mail in short order. One caveat is that the payment is dispersed as a gift card only redeemable at Verizon. The good news is it can be used to pay your monthly bill, which is what I did.

bigkhan

Reaction score
So what is your issue with the Pro? I did the same thing came from BB Tour and got the Pro. It was a big step up. I had mine for about 7-8 months, them got the Bionic when released. Any way check eBay.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Astaroth

Reaction score
I might try to convince Verizon that the update essentially broke my phone and they have to replace it. I know that's trying to cheat them out of a new phone, but the update DID screw up the phone. If I was shopping for phones today and I read that the Pro had all these bugs with no prospect of them being fixed, I would definitely not buy it.