Droid Pro vs. BB Torch: both 1 cent, thoughts?

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Honestly.. I'm not too impressed by the new Torch or Blackberrys newer OS. From what I heard spec wise, the Torch isn't all that great. I think the one advantage with Android is the amount of apps, and Android seems like a more developed OS then Blackberry but.. whatever works for you man.

M.J.H.

Reaction score
Hands down Droid Pro, no questions asked. Obviously Verizon > AT&T every day of the week but if they were both out for Verizon I agree about Android's OS being the wave of the future, period.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Just switched from BB to Droid, and I was a BB guy...it was HARD. But dude, the Android platform is sooo much more advanced, so much faster, so much more capable. I've test-driven both; Droid, hands down.
Oh and the AT&T thing...I really enjoy knowing I'll probably have service outside city limits.

from my Droid, metiCkOne'd

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Amazon is selling both of these phones for 1 cent (link, if interested)

Former BB owners: what made you pick the Droid Pro over the Torch?

I played extensively with the Blackberry Torch at launch and just yesterday I got a chance with the Droid Pro. I will say that the Droid Pro is really smooth and so responsive. The keyboard is really good, and of course the software is better. In my preference, I'd choose the Droid Pro simply for being Android and on Verizon over BBos on AT&T.

Only thing I can say the Torch has over the Pro, is the keyboard and battery life. Though I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Droid Pro's keyboard. Not sure how good the battery is though, might wanna look into it and see.

OP
C

cb808

Reaction score
True, BB battery life is generally better than competing phones. Not sure why other makers can't emulate that.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You caught me at a good time : )

Anything but a Blackberry. I'm setting up my girlfriends and everything is so painfully slow. Very frustrating using this thing. Trying to sync contact pictures from Facebook is easy right? Wrong! : ) nothing will sync. Can't even get her friends list to pull up to manually sync. Surfing the net is like being on a 56k modem.

Downloading apps? Might as well take a nap. 300kb app takes 4 minutes to download and then 1 minute to install THEN the reboot takes another 4-5 minutes. No exaggeration.

RIM has failed to stay ahead of the tech curve and their OS is seriously lacking. I'd say Droid Pro without a question is the way to go. I used to be a die hard BB fan but after using Android there is simply no comparison.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Because bb controls exactly what runs on it, and it has less running (and a slower processor). One of the benifits of Android is also one of its drawbacks. The multitasking and complete app integration uses more power, but makes for a much more powerful device.

Droidforums.net appified!

blackngray70

Reaction score
I too was a die hard BlackBerry user until I got the Droid 1 and I will never go back to BB. Pretty much everything about Android is better and faster and the fact that you don't have to reboot everytime you install or uninstall an app was a big plus for me.

I would definitely go for the Droid Pro.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Long time corporate bb user. Just picked up the DP. Buy the extended battery and be prepared for the fact that you can't go more than 24 hours without a charge. I cannot express how much I love this Android thing.

bwhite757

Reaction score
I've pretty much have posted the same on many threads now.

There are very few personal Blackberry users that go back to Blackberry once they've tried an Android phone. However the hard core business users will still lean towards Blackberry. Even though the DPro is the best business Android device out there, it still lacks a little something when it comes to corporate syncing.

I personally use mine for business and pleasure. I have gotten used to being able to use Google calendar on whatever computer I happen to be on, and google syncs flawlessly with pretty much all Android devices. Gmail works great for me as well. Emails push to my device pretty much instantly, and if you have a google for business account your @whatever.com email is synced with your Gmail. Even if you don't, just forward your emails to your Gmail and you get the same effect.

There really are pros and cons to both devices as much as I hate to say it. Personally Android's pros out weigh the cons 10-fold, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would disagree with me. Most likely not on this forum though.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

SDGuy

Reaction score
Went from BB Storm to Droid Pro. I could never go back. Big initial learning curve for a BB user (first 24 hours was really frustrating for me) and battery life is not great- but this phone is really functional in so many more ways. I can send an e-mail without cursing and I can really use the internet browser as if I'm using Google Chrome on my PC - and web browsing is fast. On the BB, I always had to wonder if a website was going to appear.

johnpalley

Reaction score
so i guess you guys are happy with the call quality on the pro. that was one of the things i was worried about. what do you guys think about the vibrate function. one of the things i dont like about my bb tour is that i miss phone calls cause it doesnt vibrate strong enough

Last edited: