Look Before I Leap?

Droid@

Reaction score
I keep reading more and more to ensure I do this right, but the more I read now, the more I feel concerned I am not ready to root. Before I root this puppy, should I already know what OS to use, and what is overclocking ad what is.....can someone just come to my house and help give me a quick tutorial? haha jk. (my house is a mess) but what are the main words I should have an understanding of before I root?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep reading more and more to ensure I do this right, but the more I read now, the more I feel concerned I am not ready to root. Before I root this puppy, should I already know what OS to use, and what is overclocking ad what is.....can someone just come to my house and help give me a quick tutorial? haha jk. (my house is a mess) but what are the main words I should have an understanding of before I root?

Rooting doesn't necessarily mean you have to use a custom ROM. I don't. I root to get rid of certain bloatware and to be able to use apps that you can only use if you are rooted. Apps like Quickboot and Cache Mate.

So if you want to root first and take your time finding a custom ROM you can do that. Nobody says you have to do it all right away.

I highly recommend z4Root. It's free in the Market and is almost fool proof. I have to say almost because I have seen one or two who somehow got an issue, though how that can happen on a one click device amazes me. Just take it one step at a time, you'll be fine.

Azurikai

Reaction score
like hookbill said, its really a painless and worry free process.

and if you run into that small percent of messing up your phone, the SBF flashing will always save you. (and this is a very rare thing to even run into. If you follow directions well, you will NEVER experience this)

OP
Droid@

Droid@

Reaction score
thank you..im getting warmer feet again. and Hook, your reasons to root are the same as mine so this is all helpful. dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thank you..im getting warmer feet again. and Hook, your reasons to root are the same as mine so this is all helpful. dancedroid

OK...One suggestion then, if you do remove bloatware keep track of what you're deleting. When the next update comes through you will want to install the .apk file or you won't be able to update.

Some choose just to hide the app by changing the extension. This will work, however it doesn't remove the app from your D2 and it's still taking up space.

I only had a few that I deleted. All the .apk files are on the sticky in this Forum if you do need to restore them.

One other thing, I hear it's best to leave the blur alone. I didn't touch any of that.