Newbe here. Should I root Nexus before activiating?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by terpsmandan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. terpsmandan

terpsmandan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am expecting FedEx to deliver my Galaxy Nexus from Verizon this afternoon. I am a newbe to the droid world, drinking the apple kool aid for the past couple years
    and crackberry before that. In my pre purchase reading I think that I want to root the phone and I am wondering if I should do it even before I activate it, or shoule I wait until I am more familiar with it. Thanks for the input.

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    If I were you I'd use it stock for a couple days and see if you really like it.

Keep in mind to unlock the device it will require a factory reset so I wouldn't set it up too much to your liking lol

3. GalaxyFlatulence

Ratings:
    +10
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    +1 to this. I would mainly do this to make sure the device functions properly personally. There have been numerous folks that have had signal issues, or something wacky that would require an exchange of devices. This would mean you would have to undo whatever you just did. Not that this is difficult, it would just be possibly making more work for yourself.

Another thing, along the same line of thinking, is that it would eliminate the thinking of "This ROM caused *insert problem here*" When it could potentially have been a phone problem.