Locked Bootloader?

B-Unit

Reaction score
No reason for the nonsense arguing. I personally dont like Htc and sense but you dont see me going off.
Who actually knows why the bootloaders are locked? Remember they're a business and Motorola has been around for a very long time(founded in 1928) i think they know what they're doing. But I'm sure that the Droid 4 will have a locked bootloader. Anyways we can always flash a custom rom in the future if we dont like the phone. Locked bootloaders haven't stopped us before!

ROMs aren't the issue per se. The issue is custom kernels. My primary interest is for overclocking, which Ill agree is not a deal breaking detail. But they are also used to grant access to file systems on network, and this kind of true productivity enhancement shouldn't be blocked.

But that aside, its more the principal. HTC and Samsung both alow VZW phones to have unlocked bootloaders, so we know it isnt Big Red to blame. So that means it comes back to Moto again, and they apparnatly have no interest in allowing for unlocking, so many in the 'root' community are prepared to have no interest in Moto products. They may not care, but you have to stand for what you want.