Will the T-Bolt be fully supported by the rom developers?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying this phone but would like some opinions.

I am concerned that HTC locked the bootloader and are now locking all future bootloaders with Verizon. While they were able to figure out how to unlock it the developers still don't have access to the kernel code.

Will the T-Bolt become as supported as the Incredible?

Since HTC is locking bootloaders going forward will the T-Bolt be the last chance for an open phone with Verizon?

I want to buy this phone only if its going to be fully supported by the developers and only if it's truly open. I don't want to be stuck with another phone like my Droid X.

What do you guys think?

Kack

Reaction score
htc usually release there source a little while after the phone comes out. there are a lot of great devs who have gotten the TB so it will have a strong backing. as you see there is already root and about 3 roms out for it already. within a wekk of it coming out. i'd say that is a promising outlook.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
Will Cyanogenmod 7 be making an appearance?

I hope this is possible or it would make me think things are not as open as we would like.

I just want to be careful since I have to pay full price.

Kack

Reaction score
Will Cyanogenmod 7 be making an appearance?

I hope this is possible or it would make me think things are not as open as we would like.

I just want to be careful since I have to pay full price.

i think so ive seen some tweets from people like slayher and he has been doing some stuff with cm7 on the
TB

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CM7 will be coming to the TB. The devs that have this device are growing everyday. In fact almost daily I see tweets with the devs comparing this to the D1 explosion that occured back when D1 launched. At this time this is and will continue to be one of the most supported android phones as far as devs go. Sure other phones are about to come out and they too will have grat support, but if you are on the fence pending dev support then come on over.. At this time there are already ROMS cooking over at XDA as well and they will be here too..

Kack

Reaction score
CM7 will be coming to the TB. The devs that have this device are growing everyday. In fact almost daily I see tweets with the devs comparing this to the D1 explosion that occured back when D1 launched. At this time this is and will continue to be one of the most supported android phones as far as devs go. Sure other phones are about to come out and they too will have grat support, but if you are on the fence pending dev support then come on over.. At this time there are already ROMS cooking over at XDA as well and they will be here too..

aww this is what i missed about my D1 now i will have it soon again with my TB

TreyDaPrince

Reaction score
It is known throughout the Android community that HTC has the most developers because it is the easiest to crack, aside from the Nexus line. Along with its popular release, I have no doubt in my mind that it will have a lot of developers and see CM7.

Sent From Parts Unknown