LithiumMod 0.0.4

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
At first I hated the red, but it's grown on me. I do hate the battery progress bar. Before it showed the % left (like 90%) and now it's jut a bunch of lines.

bsdbytes

Reaction score
okay cool... one potential issue with replacing only the images is that the clock, date, notification ticker will be red, white, and white, respectively. this probably won't look good on the white status bar.

let me ask this. do people want the vanilla theme because they don't like the black status bar, or because they don't like the red clock/battery? or both? just curious.

Personal preference for me is stock vanilla. Thanks for the great ROM!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would say I like the red you put up, however making it a stock vanilla allows for themes and I would prefer the Watermarked' theme over everything.

If you want to keep the red please change the battery from a meter to a number.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually since no one ask asked I think this is what everyone would want as priorities.

1) Speed. Blazing fast incredible speed. So fast that re-draws are invisible.

2) Stability. No crashing - so far so good on that count.

3) Cool features - you are already building some of those in and I like the fact that you have JIN mode and such ad blocking.

4) Compatibility or interaction with Launcher Pro - most of us use it.

5) Working wi-fi tethering both cabled and wireless - with the programs included to do so.

6) We need a working Absolute System Lithmod Edition.

Anything else cool you want to add is fine by me. So far the Lithmod ROM's are the only ones I have used that I like.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way I just picked up my phone for the first time in 5 hours and the time was behind 4 hours on beautiful widgets and it showed 100% battery on my battery widget.

The solution as I've found is to tilt the phone to landscape and it refreshes all the widgets.

Could this be a ROM issue? It's never happened with any other ROM.

ronx

Reaction score
Actually since no one ask asked I think this is what everyone would want as priorities.

3) Cool features - you are already building some of those in and I like the fact that you have JIN mode and such ad blocking.

5) Working wi-fi tethering both cabled and wireless - with the programs included to do so.

Anything else cool you want to add is fine by me. So far the Lithmod ROM's are the only ones I have used that I like.

the tethering apps can be downloaded from the market. we're trying to not include any apps that aren't critical that can be downloaded from the market to reduce bloat. however, if you download those apps and they don't work with LithiumMod, we would want to know about it.

As far as Absolute System goes, we haven't heard from canvs (the developer of AS) in a while and are not sure if he plans to continue working with the LithiumMod team. For now, you may assume that there probably won't be another free version of Absolute System for LithiumMod. However, if you let us know what features you miss and why, we could add them to the wishlist for future functionality.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
BW has worked on my phone for a year. For most people it works fine.

And if you read my post you would see I said ALL widgets stopped. So is this a bash at BW or did you not understand my post?

beautiful widgets gave me inaccurate time on multiple phones and roms... so i don't use it anymore

ronx

Reaction score
By the way I just picked up my phone for the first time in 5 hours and the time was behind 4 hours on beautiful widgets and it showed 100% battery on my battery widget.

The solution as I've found is to tilt the phone to landscape and it refreshes all the widgets.

never heard of that happening... did it just happen once, or does it happen regularly? we'd probably need to know what apps you had installed and get a logcat of the problem to diagnose it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I miss the same features that the regular Absolute System had - Fonts, Live Wallpapers, etc... tons of good stuff. I can't remember everything but it was a very useful program.

the tethering apps can be downloaded from the market. we're trying to not include any apps that aren't critical that can be downloaded from the market to reduce bloat. however, if you download those apps and they don't work with LithiumMod, we would want to know about it.

As far as Absolute System goes, we haven't heard from canvs (the developer of AS) in a while and are not sure if he plans to continue working with the LithiumMod team. For now, you may assume that there probably won't be another free version of Absolute System for LithiumMod. However, if you let us know what features you miss and why, we could add them to the wishlist for future functionality.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It never happened before your first build. How do I send you the information? The main ones I notice stopping are BW and Mini Info Widget which I check for battery power. I'm sure the rest stop too.

Could it be a Launcher Pro Issue? I have the memory setting at high because I was tired of re-draws.

never heard of that happening... did it just happen once, or does it happen regularly? we'd probably need to know what apps you had installed and get a logcat of the problem to diagnose it.

ronx

Reaction score
I miss the same features that the regular Absolute System had - Fonts, Live Wallpapers, etc... tons of good stuff. I can't remember everything but it was a very useful program.

i've never used Absolute System, so i'll talk to the other devs and see if they're familiar with it. i was just interested in the useful functionality it provided.

ronx

Reaction score
It never happened before your first build. How do I send you the information? The main ones I notice stopping are BW and Mini Info Widget which I check for battery power. I'm sure the rest stop too.

Could it be a Launcher Pro Issue? I have the memory setting at high because I was tired of re-draws.

it's certainly possible that LP could be to blame. try resetting the memory settings to default and see if you still have problems. if so, try switching to the stock launcher and see if you have the problems then as well.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I set the memory back to moderate - it's the only setting that was changed. So far it's still running well - I'll report back if it solved the issue.

it's certainly possible that LP could be to blame. try resetting the memory settings to default and see if you still have problems. if so, try switching to the stock launcher and see if you have the problems then as well.