LithiumMod Superuser Issues

tofasttafuri

Reaction score
Every time I load a LithiumMod rom on my Droid, Superuser force closes when root privileges are asked for. Does anyone have a fix?

samsonite801

Reaction score
Every time I load a LithiumMod rom on my Droid, Superuser force closes when root privileges are asked for. Does anyone have a fix?

What I would try:

Wipe data, and do full phone reset (after full backup of course). Then install a stock Froyo 2.2 rooted build, and do some setup like log into your gmail account, activate phone of course but don't get too carried away installing apps. Do frequent backups after each series of upgrades. You can install ROM Manager though if you like.

Now finally, do the upgrade to Li-Mod using ROM Manager. See if it all works right. If not, then go back to your backup of stock Froyo 2.2 and do the Li-Mod upgrade using SPRecovery flash method instead. If it still fails after that, then try a different theme of Li-Mod and see if it still fails. If it does, then try to delete Superuser Permissions and install the later one.

Oh, and while you're trying all this, make sure your phone is not clocked up all fast on the CPU. Leave the stock kernel until you determine without a doubt that it is not the CPU clock speed that keeps crashing SuperUser Permissions.

Eschy

Reaction score
ran into the same problem when rooting a friends phone. I just switched them to sapphire for the time being. Lithium mod just has too many problems but it is a good rom dont get me wrong. Just a bit early in production stages

dodgerslim

Reaction score
What version of SuperUser are y'all using? 2.2 is, I believe, the one that was causing issues for most.

OP
tofasttafuri

tofasttafuri

Reaction score
Im using SU 2.2.2. Should I upgrade to 2.3.1?

And after I did a data and cache wipe, LithiumMod is now working fine

dodgerslim

Reaction score

A lot of people have had issues with 2.2 in terms of SU not saving which apps have SU on or not, and would constantly ask for SU, pop up that certains apps were granted SU permissions, etc. So if it's working for you, I don't want to be the one to say upgrade, but I would still advise it ;)

samsonite801

Reaction score

A lot of people have had issues with 2.2 in terms of SU not saving which apps have SU on or not, and would constantly ask for SU, pop up that certains apps were granted SU permissions, etc. So if it's working for you, I don't want to be the one to say upgrade, but I would still advise it ;)

The issue where SU Permissions would pop up notifications every time you ran an app that need root access was just a simple banner you could turn off in the SU Permission's Settings. That's all I did on mine to turn that off.