LithiumMod 0.0.4

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed from build to build that you have to uncheck block ads and then check it again and reboot to get it to work.

ronx

Reaction score
What does the JIT compiler option do? So far it's running very well. What changes did you make?

JIT compiler turns on/off the JIT compiler ;) ... most will want to leave the JIT compiler ON, since it speeds everything up in froyo and most don't have problems with it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
JIT is off by default. I turned it on and rebooted. Don't notice a huge difference but I am getting about 1400 Quadrant

ronx

Reaction score
JIT is off by default. I turned it on and rebooted. Don't notice a huge difference but I am getting about 1400 Quadrant

okay, even though it shows up as unchecked, JIT Compiler is by default enabled in froyo. i think LithiumMod Options doesn't show it as checked because the dalvik.vm.execution-mode property is by default not present in build.prop. Checking this option will add the property =int:jit, which means JIT is enabled. Again, this is the same as if dalvik.vm.execution-mode isn't set in build.prop. At this point, if you uncheck the option, it will set it to int:fast, which turns JIT off.

So, in other words, disregard this option for now if you want JIT turned on. If you have checked the box, that's okay too, but you don't need to check it unless you've checked and then unchecked it. Make sense? ;)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just checked it and rebooted so I gather that's fine.

Anything else I should do? Any features I should be looking for?

okay, even though it shows up as unchecked, JIT Compiler is by default enabled in froyo. i think LithiumMod Options doesn't show it as checked because the dalvik.vm.execution-mode property is by default not present in build.prop. Checking this option will add the property =int:jit, which means JIT is enabled. Again, this is the same as if dalvik.vm.execution-mode isn't set in build.prop. At this point, if you uncheck the option, it will set it to int:fast, which turns JIT off.

So, in other words, disregard this option for now if you want JIT turned on. If you have checked the box, that's okay too, but you don't need to check it unless you've checked and then unchecked it. Make sense? ;)

ronx

Reaction score
how do we change the theme back to vanilla android?

we're planning to offer theme choices via RM installation (and manual install for those that don't use RM) in the near future. for now, you can change back to the original theme if you're handy with winrar/7zip and smali/baksmali. probably not worth it though. we'll try to have at least the vanilla "theme" available as an update fairly soon.

OP
rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot

Reaction score

here, i just threw this together just for you. it should be the LMv0.4 framework-res.apk w/ the vanilla .png files and the progress_horizontal.xml from metickone's vanilla frg22d.

MAKE A BACKUP, first! i haven't had a chance to test this because i'm no longer running lithiummod. also, obviously, any themed apps won't change :)

good luck!

best,
rf

Last edited:

ronx

Reaction score

here, i just threw this together just for you. it should be the framework-res.apk w/ the vanilla .png files and the progress_horizontal.xml from metickone's vanilla frg22d.

MAKE A BACKUP, first! i haven't had a chance to test this because i'm no longer running lithiummod. also, obviously, any themed apps won't change :)

good luck!

best,
rf

rabbitfoot, is that the framework-res.apk from LithiumMod 0.0.4 with the original pngs replaced?

keep in mind we've made other changes to the framework that aren't theme-related, so using a framework-res.apk from any other ROM might have side effects.

OP
rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
rabbitfoot, is that the framework-res.apk from LithiumMod 0.0.4 with the original pngs replaced?

keep in mind we've made other changes to the framework that aren't theme-related, so using a framework-res.apk from any other ROM might have side effects.

i must've been clarifying my post as you were typing yours :) yeah, it's the framework-res.apk from LMv0.4 w/ just the pngs and progress bar xml replaced. sorry for the confusion.

i figured y'all must've made some changes to the framework to get your rom so stellar ;)

azndan2, keep in mind that this is ONLY the framework-res.apk so, though a significant amount of the rom will be vanilla, anything not in there will remain as the LM team themed it.

if anybody tries it and it gives them issues, please let me know so i can pull it. again, make a backup first!

best,
rf

ronx

Reaction score
i must've been clarifying my post as you were typing yours :) yeah, it's the framework-res.apk from LMv0.4 w/ just the pngs and progress bar xml replaced. sorry for the confusion.

i figured y'all must've made some changes to the framework to get your rom so stellar ;)

azndan2, keep in mind that this is ONLY the framework-res.apk so, though a significant amount of the rom will be vanilla, anything not in there will remain as the LM team themed it.

if anybody tries it and it gives them issues, please let me know so i can pull it. again, make a backup first!

best,
rf

okay cool... one potential issue with replacing only the images is that the clock, date, notification ticker will be red, white, and white, respectively. this probably won't look good on the white status bar.

let me ask this. do people want the vanilla theme because they don't like the black status bar, or because they don't like the red clock/battery? or both? just curious.

azndan2

Reaction score
thanks ronx and rabbitfoot!

personally, I'm fine with the black notification bar.

However, I would prefer that either EVERYTHING is white, or EVERYTHING is red. Right now, battery is red while alarm clock, cell bars, 3g etc. is white. so its not exactly matching.

Also, if the battery and time are red, and the lock screen is green, then that doesnt match well either (unless it was intentional due to christmas coming up, ha ha)

one more question: do themes slow down the phone? I remember on the original lithium mod I had blueberry froyo and it felt way slower than vanilla .02/.03

Last edited: