Links/threads on obtaining SWYPE are ILLEGAL.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well... maybe they should just release the app on the market for the Droid, and people wouldn't have to do this. Swype is allready available for other phones and the released version for the Droid works great... Not understanding the hold up. The DL is not just on this forum either. A simple google search yields many sites to get it from...

The very first post of this thread asked members to NOT tell folks how to obtain such things, yet you just did.

I have the right to create music, software, applications, etc. I also have the right to say who can use such things I have created. Sure, you can stop by and steal it if you want. The same is true of the vegetables or flowers in our garden.

What you are saying if if I passed out my strawberries then you wouldn't have had to steal them. Even if I have an abundance of them I don't have to hurry up and deliver them to you, nor ever deliver them at all. Yes...you can still stop by and steal them when I am not looking, but that would be wrong, no?

That being said, it is out on the internet. We know it is on the internet. EVERYTHING is on the internet. There are a fair number of people ok with doing certain wrong things.

DF has decided to not allow the posting of links to those locations out of respect for those who created such things and don't care to deliver their products for free.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not to be sounding like a smart a$$, but what is the difference in posting a link to an app, whether free or a paid app, and posting that you should, and instructions to unrooting your driod prior to swapping your broke phone for a replacement. Because they both break down to stealing which is an illeagal activity.

Seems like a good question to me.

Insurance fraud is definitely illegal. Tossing your phone into a lake because you screwed up the software and can't make it work is illegal if you say you lost it to get a new one.

If my phone was rooted and the screen fell off I don't see an issue with unrooting the phone to bring it back in. If your phone is rooted Verizon doesn't want to deal with the tech support nightmare that would ensue, and they shouldn't have to. It would drive up the cost of the phone service for all of us.

I don't recall a single software related issue due to rooting that created the need for a phone to be returned. I'd be interesting in knowing if because someone rooted, that resulted in their phone needing to be returned. If that's the case Ambulance Dude has a valid point I can respect.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Well... maybe they should just release the app on the market for the Droid, and people wouldn't have to do this. Swype is allready available for other phones and the released version for the Droid works great... Not understanding the hold up. The DL is not just on this forum either. A simple google search yields many sites to get it from...

The very first post of this thread asked members to NOT tell folks how to obtain such things, yet you just did.

I have the right to create music, software, applications, etc. I also have the right to say who can use such things I have created. Sure, you can stop by and steal it if you want. The same is true of the vegetables or flowers in our garden.

What you are saying if if I passed out my strawberries then you wouldn't have had to steal them. Even if I have an abundance of them I don't have to hurry up and deliver them to you, nor ever deliver them at all. Yes...you can still stop by and steal them when I am not looking, but that would be wrong, no?

That being said, it is out on the internet. We know it is on the internet. EVERYTHING is on the internet. There are a fair number of people ok with doing certain wrong things.

DF has decided to not allow the posting of links to those locations out of respect for those who created such things and don't care to deliver their products for free.

I apologize then.... I really don't feel "Google search" is a big secret as you stated yourself later in your post... I respect that giving out the info to get this product is frowned upon, and I won't do it... But, the perverbial cat is out of the bag. I was just stating capping it on this site won't do much good. Anything "leaked" and "beta'd" on the interwebs is subject to stealing... I'd imagine swype would have to take the hit on this one, and be more carefull on what they release in the future.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I apologize then.... I really don't feel "Google search" is a big secret as you stated yourself later in your post... I respect that giving out the info to get this product is frowned upon, and I won't do it... But, the perverbial cat is out of the bag. I was just stating capping it on this site won't do much good. Anything "leaked" and "beta'd" on the interwebs is subject to stealing... I'd imagine swype would have to take the hit on this one, and be more carefull on what they release in the future.

I agree....it is out of the bag. It is meowing loudly. We all are just going to pretend it isn't sitting over there. Licking its chops. :)

I also agree it is Swype's fault for making an awesome app and not capitalizing on it sooner because I will gladly pay for this app when the beta expires and it is released.

....poor tanknspank...lol...didn't know the guy was just to lazy to type out "food" :)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree....it is out of the bag. It is meowing loudly. We all are just going to pretend it isn't sitting over there. Licking its chops. :)

I also agree it is Swype's fault for making an awesome app and not capitalizing on it sooner because I will gladly pay for this app when the beta expires and it is released.

....poor tanknspank...lol...didn't know the guy was just to lazy to type out "food" :)

I feel like the youngest of a over sized version of the Brady Bunch with you guys. No one takes me seriously around here. :p

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
People will do what they are going to do no doubt and the cat is out of the bag but as long as that discussion (where to get it or what exactly to search for) is off the boards we have done our jobs.

The admins are working on a new app that allows us access to sniff packets and see where members are in cyberspace. If they are downloading or searching for illegal content we will be able to ban them from the internet.

Until the app is complete people can do as they please and we have no recourse.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

STIDRIVER

Reaction score

I would pay as well... but reading in other threads about the subject, it looks like they aren't going to release it, even as a paid app. You have to purchase a crappy phone that has it pre-installed...

K

killabyte

p.s. - you guys can't stay on topic for ****

The use of stars doesn't hide the fact of the word you intended to use. Watch the language please?

watch the language? how about no, ok? those asteriks are there for a reason. i got something you can watch - it's called this forum. you guys need to worry about something besides language and pictures of a pot leaf. i emailed THREE MODS LAST WEEK about this swype crap on this forum. nothing gets done until today and all you can say is watch the language because i said the S word and it was in asteriks? are we in kindergarten here?

there are SO MANY useless posts in this place. posts of the incredible in every damn section. you guys really need to get your act together. if it wasn't for the influx of clueless people who spam this forum with the same questions over and over it would be absolutely useless.

p.s. - ban it if you want, i dont need to post here anymore. and if i do trust me, i have more email and ip addresses than the bible has psalms.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I would pay as well... but reading in other threads about the subject, it looks like they aren't going to release it, even as a paid app. You have to purchase a crappy phone that has it pre-installed...

That's uncertain at this point. But Swype has good reasons (at least from their point of view) for not releasing the software to end-users. First, they are a small company that recognizes (amazingly) that they are ill-equipped to provide the kind of support they believe is necessary for their product. By selling to manufacturers they off-load much of that support burden.

Second, they have designed their product to be part of a device's operating system, not a third-party application. The bug in the current beta is an example of the problems the software encounters in the latter form.

Third, they believe, rightly or wrongly, that the firm derives a greater profit from sales to manufacturers and other OEM's than to the end-user, especially when the cost of support is taken into consideration.

That having been said, the proliferation of android phones may well lead (or may already have led) to a reconsideration of the firm's business model.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
p.s. - you guys can't stay on topic for ****

The use of stars doesn't hide the fact of the word you intended to use. Watch the language please?

watch the language? how about no, ok? those asteriks are there for a reason. i got something you can watch - it's called this forum. you guys need to worry about something besides language and pictures of a pot leaf. i emailed THREE MODS LAST WEEK about this swype crap on this forum. nothing gets done until today and all you can say is watch the language because i said the S word and it was in asteriks? are we in kindergarten here?

there are SO MANY useless posts in this place. posts of the incredible in every damn section. you guys really need to get your act together. if it wasn't for the influx of clueless people who spam this forum with the same questions over and over it would be absolutely useless.

What is causing you to get so angry??? I was asking a simple question that could have easily been answered with a simple ok, or sorry, but no. You decide to go on a humongous rant? I'm sorry you feel that way, but no one or nothing is forcing you to come here. If you feel that way, go hang at alldroid or mydroidworld.

And the post about swype get removed as soon as the moderators are either notified or notice themselves. The one I just notified Cereal about was locked and all links removed within 5 minutes, so I find it hard to believe that NOTHING was done when all links to swype are removed as soon as the mods are notified.

Also, I'm no mod or administrator. I just help people with problems they are having with their phones. No reason to tell me to watch a forum when I can do no more than you about it.

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
People will do what they are going to do no doubt and the cat is out of the bag but as long as that discussion (where to get it or what exactly to search for) is off the boards we have done our jobs.

The admins are working on a new app that allows us access to sniff packets and see where members are in cyberspace. If they are downloading or searching for illegal content we will be able to ban them from the internet.

Until the app is complete people can do as they please and we have no recourse.

Now that's some serious mod powers :)