Links/threads on obtaining SWYPE are ILLEGAL.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cereal killer, May 3, 2010.

1. griz8791

griz8791 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1. Hitting a button on the Swype keyboard (or even one of those alternative Swype keyboards behind the main alphanumeric keyboard) to get in and out of TTS would mean I wouldn't need any other keyboard apps on my phone.

2. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    yea having to switch keyboards is very unfortunate. Sometimes I'll be driving and I'll get a text and want to answer it, but because I'm driving I don't, for safety reasons. Now if I could just hit the speech to text button in swype, say my message, then send, it would make life a whole lot easier. Like it was said, if swype had speech to text, all other keyboards would be obsolete

3. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It will be released - when they are ready. It's not owed to anyone and just because a google search yields results to other forums where people are too stupid to realize how they hurt the development community doesn't mean that all other forums should too.

p.s. - you guys can't stay on topic for ****

4. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    The very first post of this thread asked members to NOT tell folks how to obtain such things, yet you just did.

I have the right to create music, software, applications, etc. I also have the right to say who can use such things I have created. Sure, you can stop by and steal it if you want. The same is true of the vegetables or flowers in our garden.

What you are saying if if I passed out my strawberries then you wouldn't have had to steal them. Even if I have an abundance of them I don't have to hurry up and deliver them to you, nor ever deliver them at all. Yes...you can still stop by and steal them when I am not looking, but that would be wrong, no?

That being said, it is out on the internet. We know it is on the internet. EVERYTHING is on the internet. There are a fair number of people ok with doing certain wrong things.

DF has decided to not allow the posting of links to those locations out of respect for those who created such things and don't care to deliver their products for free.

5. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The use of stars doesn't hide the fact of the word you intended to use. Watch the language please?

6. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it does. He could have said crap, or poop.

7. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    maybe "food"?

8. christim

Ratings:
    +2
    Seems like a good question to me.

Insurance fraud is definitely illegal. Tossing your phone into a lake because you screwed up the software and can't make it work is illegal if you say you lost it to get a new one.

If my phone was rooted and the screen fell off I don't see an issue with unrooting the phone to bring it back in. If your phone is rooted Verizon doesn't want to deal with the tech support nightmare that would ensue, and they shouldn't have to. It would drive up the cost of the phone service for all of us.

I don't recall a single software related issue due to rooting that created the need for a phone to be returned. I'd be interesting in knowing if because someone rooted, that resulted in their phone needing to be returned. If that's the case Ambulance Dude has a valid point I can respect.

9. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I apologize then.... I really don't feel "Google search" is a big secret as you stated yourself later in your post... I respect that giving out the info to get this product is frowned upon, and I won't do it... But, the perverbial cat is out of the bag. I was just stating capping it on this site won't do much good. Anything "leaked" and "beta'd" on the interwebs is subject to stealing... I'd imagine swype would have to take the hit on this one, and be more carefull on what they release in the future.

10. Tanknspank

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys are no help... :p

11. christim

Ratings:
    +2

I agree....it is out of the bag. It is meowing loudly. We all are just going to pretend it isn't sitting over there. Licking its chops. :)

I also agree it is Swype's fault for making an awesome app and not capitalizing on it sooner because I will gladly pay for this app when the beta expires and it is released.

....poor tanknspank...lol...didn't know the guy was just to lazy to type out "food" :)

12. Tanknspank

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel like the youngest of a over sized version of the Brady Bunch with you guys. No one takes me seriously around here. :p