Links/threads on obtaining SWYPE are ILLEGAL.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
These types of threads will be deleted and infractions will be levied to members posting links to the application.

The distrbution of Swype except from the Developers themselves is ILLEGAL.

IT is against our policy here at DF to allow posts, links or even mentions of how to obtain applications not intended for public use. This includes PAID and FREE.

DF's is a staunch supporter of the developer community and we take things of this nature very seriously.

We rely on our members to help police the forums and report threads that have been deemed inappropriate and/or against forum guidelines so please report them.

Thanks everyone

jcardona1

Reaction score
sorry for the dumb question, but did something change with Swype? i remember the first version being made pubic, then the 2nd one was through the Swype site. then when that expired folks were posting the .apk file. is that illegal too?

and when/why did this change?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good. Yea, we should report any threads with illegal links.

Glad because I was saddened when a sweet pot-leaf based live wallpaper I made got deleted because of being not "family friendly" while I saw plenty of threads with resigned Swype APK's still up from weeks ago... meow.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sorry for the dumb question, but did something change with Swype? i remember the first version being made pubic, then the 2nd one was through the Swype site. then when that expired folks were posting the .apk file. is that illegal too?

Swpye released a beta testing APK, its like a trial....

Reaction score
Not to be sounding like a smart a$$, but what is the difference in posting a link to an app, whether free or a paid app, and posting that you should, and instructions to unrooting your driod prior to swapping your broke phone for a replacement. Because they both break down to stealing which is an illeagal activity.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Their beta program is available to a limited group and it is NOT meant for public distribution.

The people that signed up for the beta testing are under a legal agreement to not distribute the application. There are reasons for this.

So we will support the Developer by not allowing leaked betas NOT intended for public use to be posted here.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

See a separate thread. All your questions will be answered. :)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
These types of threads will be deleted and infractions will be levied to members posting links to the application.

The distrbution of Swype except from the Developers themselves is ILLEGAL.

IT is against our policy here at DF to allow posts, links or even mentions of how to obtain applications not intended for public use. This includes PAID and FREE.

DF's is a staunch supporter of the developer community and we take things of this nature very seriously.

We rely on our members to help police the forums and report threads that have been deemed inappropriate and/or against forum guidelines so please report them.

Thanks everyone

Thanks Cereal. I think the community needed another reiteration of this.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Not to be sounding like a smart a$$, but what is the difference in posting a link to an app, whether free or a paid app, and posting that you should, and instructions to unrooting your driod prior to swapping your broke phone for a replacement. Because they both break down to stealing which is an illeagal activity.

Rooting and unrooting are both not illegal in any sense of the word. Posting links to free apps that are in the market is not illegal. Posting links to free apps that are given to certain users under the pretense that they will not redistribute it is illegal.

Edit: If anyone from swype reads this thread, PLEASE ADD A SPEECH TO TEXT BUTTON. That is all

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Edit: If anyone from swype reads this thread, PLEASE ADD A SPEECH TO TEXT BUTTON. That is all
doesn't that totally defeat the purpose of Swype? : )

Plus you already have that.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Well... maybe they should just release the app on the market for the Droid, and people wouldn't have to do this. Swype is allready available for other phones and the released version for the Droid works great... Not understanding the hold up. The DL is not just on this forum either. A simple google search yields many sites to get it from...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I have to agree to add speech to text. Yes we have it, but not on the swype keyboard. We would have to switch input methods just to hit the mic button...

griz8791

Reaction score

I have to agree to add speech to text. Yes we have it, but not on the swype keyboard. We would have to switch input methods just to hit the mic button...

+1. Hitting a button on the Swype keyboard (or even one of those alternative Swype keyboards behind the main alphanumeric keyboard) to get in and out of TTS would mean I wouldn't need any other keyboard apps on my phone.

pyro6128

Reaction score
yea having to switch keyboards is very unfortunate. Sometimes I'll be driving and I'll get a text and want to answer it, but because I'm driving I don't, for safety reasons. Now if I could just hit the speech to text button in swype, say my message, then send, it would make life a whole lot easier. Like it was said, if swype had speech to text, all other keyboards would be obsolete

K

killabyte

Well... maybe they should just release the app on the market for the Droid, and people wouldn't have to do this. Swype is allready available for other phones and the released version for the Droid works great... Not understanding the hold up. The DL is not just on this forum either. A simple google search yields many sites to get it from...

It will be released - when they are ready. It's not owed to anyone and just because a google search yields results to other forums where people are too stupid to realize how they hurt the development community doesn't mean that all other forums should too.

p.s. - you guys can't stay on topic for ****